Monday, December 05, 2016

So now its starting to feel like winter with both day and night being chilly.  I can now wear my jacket more and more ... FINALLY!  Said there was suppose to be some rain but didn't see any, not surprised but that is OK.  I just want the cold weather because it's called Winter.  I mean that means cold weather right?  Not unusually hot for the season but we still call it Winter because of the months it falls into.  I just hope it maintains this temperature wise because if it warmed up soon then I would be sad.  I like the cold ... as I always say, its easier to warm up than to cool down.

Weekly Update:
I have no idea what is wrong with people or maybe its the season?  Perhaps the current political mess we are about to encounter?  Or all of the above!  Recently I have seen so many people run red lights that one time someone got hit.  So I was at a stop, 3 rows of cars and I was on the far left.  I see the light go green so I start to go when this car from the left comes racing through.  Clearly they ran the light as I was already a car length into the intersection and the cars next to me as well but maybe a little less. I stopped, so did the car next to me and they yelled, "HEY!" and the car next to them hit the car.  It was clearly the fault of the person who ran the red light but I had to get some place at the time but was hoping I could return and give them my name as a witness.  I was gone about 15 minutes which I guess was enough time for them to exchange information because I did go back and couldn't find anyone.  I do hope that car who ran the light does get what they deserve because that was really bad.  From the looks and sounds it was a slight fender bender.  But this was just one incident all this week where I saw so many run the light, just the first to make contact.  Slow down people!

At the movies:

Pretty predictable weekend as "Moana" continues to sail into #1 for its 2nd weekend earning another 28.4 mil and passes the 100 mil cume mark.  On track still to break 200 when it is all said and done.  Holding to #2 is "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" earning an extra 18.6 mil and closing in on the 200 mil cume.  Holding to #3 is "Arrival" with 7.3 mil as it creeps up to 100 mil.  At #4 is "Allied" with 7.1 mil for its 2nd weekend, look for this to be an award contender.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Doctor Strange" with another 6.5 mil as it slowly wraps up.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week (as expected), coming in at #9 is Incarnate earning only 2.6 mil and pretty much at expectations.

Quote of the week:
"The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows." - Sydney J. Harris

Facts & Tips:
"Arachibutlphobia" is the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.

"I'm in charge of thinking of things before people know they need them." - Christina Hendricks as Joan Harris in the TV series "Mad Men."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home