Monday, January 23, 2017

RAIN!!!  Talk about some flooding and snow capped mountains plus more!  We had some days of non-stop raining and hard rain at that.  We sure needed it and it felt good.  It was also the first time I have seen portions of my backyard flooded and it was kind of funny seeing the dogs stuck.  So one jumps over the water, sort of, to get to the grass to go potty but then can't figure out a way to get back.  Walked around and around all while the rain is pouring down.  The older dog just walks through the water without a care but she also doesn't want to stay out in the rain while its going on.  Finally the younger one walks around and jumps it where he can but still didn't know what to do and was confused.  Later that night I took them out in the front yard where it was just squishy grass but no flooding so they could walk around.  But it was very squishy.  This rain is so needed ... we aren't out of it yet but it put a nice, small dent in our drought.

Weekly Update:
It has been a tiring week and the one day I had off, I slept but kept waking up when I normally do.  I guess that is normal but I so wanted to sleep uninterrupted.  Blocked the outlet light, closed the blinds for the morning sun and no alarms set.  But, I still woke up around the time I normally do to see the time and then go back to sleep.  But it wasn't interrupted, I mean even the dogs didn't do anything and I am sure they wanted to go pee so bad.  Sigh ... and I was super tired the night before that I stayed up past midnight and then just crashed into bed which is not normal for me at all.  Sleep sleep sleep, you evade me so!  I will find you and I will slumber in you, you just wait.  This Monday is my next sleep in day, I shall conquer it!!!  Well, I hope I do at least ... my claim may turn out to be false.

At the movies:

Interesting week as weather across the country might have effected the numbers just a bit.  New at #1 is Split with a surprising 40.2 million!  Way above all expectations with mixed reviews.  New at #2, well below expectations is xXx: Return of Xander Cage with 20 mil.  Could this franchise be all dried up now?  Holding ground at #3 is "Hidden Figures" with 16.3 mil and slowly approaching 100 mil cume but may not get there for another week.  Also holding onto #4 is "Sing" with 9 mil extra and just shy of 250 mil cume, should get that tomorrow. Rounding off the top 5 is "LaLa Land" with another 8.4 mil as the accolades continue to come in.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
The expansions did not fair to well this week.  Up first is The Founder at #9 with 3.8 mil and not much more to write home about this one.  Was right about expectations though.  In at #17 is 20th Century Women expanding and 1.4 mil to add.  Finally at #18 is The Resurrection of Gavin Stone with only 1.4 mil and pretty much expected at that.

Quote of the week:
"If you find it in your heart to care of somebody else, you will have succeeded." - Maya Angelou

Facts & Tips:
Squirrels lose more than half of the nuts they hide. 

"And I can't believe you just spent $6 on some orange juice that took a trip around the blender with ice." - Debra Wilson as Cloret on the TV show "MADtv."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home