Monday, March 02, 2015

RAIN ... OK, maybe not.  The promise of rain was upon us and then it was quickly taken away.  Do we not have the technology to more accurately predict weather?  We had a forecast of 3 days of rain coming up and as it got closer, it went down to 2 days and when the first day arrived, just clouds.  Then between the first and second day, it rained at night for about 20 minutes and then that was it.  Why?!  LIES! LIES!!!  We desperately need the rain and I know the weather people obviously can not control it but I thought they would give us better accuracy on this!!

Weekly Update:
Start of a new month and I guess schools will be starting their spring breaks soon.  Hopefully traffic will lighten up for a week or two ... hopefully.  So what do spring breakers do these days anyway?  I noticed an increase in attendance and sell outs for Disney World ... that is a destination for Spring Break?  I guess for families but I would thank places like Vegas, any lake, any beaches and of course the city of Miami perhaps?  Who knows but those would be places I would avoid simply because it will be packed.  Unless you love huge crowds and coeds flowing rampant ... then yeah, that would be the perfect place to go!  I honestly do not think I ever went to a typical spring break hot spot or participated in one ... I am boring and sheltered, I know.

At the movies:
Taking the #1 spot and new this weekend is the thriller Focus with a decent 19.1 million and close to the mark.  Holding ground at #2 is "Kingsman: The Secret Service" with another 11.8 mil as it approaches the 100 mil mark.  It should get that by the end of this coming weekend.  Holding at #3 is "SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water" with an extra 11.2 mil and heading to 200 mil but will fall short of that.  Big drop to #4 is "Fifty Shades of Grey" with another 10.9 mil as it continues its run.  New at #5 if The Lazarus Effect with 10.6 mil and a little below expectations.

Quote of the week:
"There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full." - Henry A. Kissinger

Facts & Tips:
A hummingbird's heart beats 1,400 times a minute.

"Okay everybody, I'm leaving, I've got to get back to New York before my plants die." - Geri Jewell as Geri Tyler in the TV series "The Facts of Life."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home