Monday, February 23, 2015


Cough cough cough ... still coughing and VERY slowly fading away but still lingering.  I get this kind of cough about once every couple of years.  I used to get it every year and it would last for months.  What is up with that?  Is there something hanging in the throat that we can not just find a way to dissolve or remove?  Why oh why won't it go away!!  I thought a cough was trying to remove something, nature needs to fix this because it is not working properly!

Weekly Update:
What happened this week ... not much!  Got a little rain and I do mean little.  Was cold but not freezing and that is about it I think.  Had our annual Young Variety Pool Tournament on Thursday but I did not get there till very late.  So much traffic, it was definitely one of the worst I have seen in a few weeks.  Took me almost 90 minutes to in the opposite direction of traffic, that other way looked insane!!  But finally arrived and the evening was getting to the final rounds of the tournament, got some decent food and reunited with a bunch of people I have not seen in months.  That is always the good thing about these events is seeing everyone again after so long.  I feel like we are all getting out of touch but that is life ... it happens.

At the movies:
Oscar Sunday and also extreme bad weather in most of the country could be some of the reasons the box office was a bit down this week.  Hanging on to the #1 spot is "Fifty Shades of Grey" with a huge drop-off and earning another 23.3 million.  It has passed the 100 mil cume but it will continue to be a very fast burn.  Bumping up to #2 is "Kingsman: The Secret Service" with another 17.5 mil and will likely cap out just shy of 100 mil.  Holding steady at #3 is "SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water" with an extra 15.5 mil as it continues along.  New at #4 is McFarland, USA with 11.3 mil and close to expectations.  Rounding off the top 5 is The Duff with 11 mil and this will likely be a fast burn at the box office.  This also was pretty close to expectations.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as the sequel Hot Tub Time Machine 2 shows up at #7 with only 5.8 mil.  Slightly below expectations but it was also missing one of the key stars from the first film.  This will also be another fast burn as well.

Quote of the week:
"Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week." - Joseph Addison

Facts  & Tips:
Add up opposing sides of a dice cue and you'll always get seven.

"All I want to do is graduate from high school, go to Europe, marry Christian Slater, and die. Now it may not sound too great to a sconehead like you, but I think it's swell. And you come along and tell me I'm a member of the hairy mole club so you can *throw* things at me?" - Kristy Swanson as Buffy in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home