Monday, December 22, 2014

Pre-Christmas Edition

This Wednesday is Christmas Eve and then that means Thursday is Christmas.  The holidays, for me, are simply not the same anymore.  All the traditions I use to have and enjoy are gone.  No more big meals with tons of food and playing games with everyone all night long till midnight.  I just do not want to do it anymore and the love of the holidays (Thanksgiving included) is just gone.  Where did this go or why was it lost?  I can not say but to me it has become just another week, another day, another evening.  I use to love the smell of the pine and the sight of lights in and outside the house.  I remember putting so much effort into that kind of thing and it was rewarding to see it all lite up at night.  But now, not worth the trouble and no joy in seeing all of it.  I feel bad for the trees cut down for a few weeks of being in some one's home.  Then afterwards, tossed aside to be forgotten till another year and another tree is sacrificed.  I think it would be better to have a tree in your yard, decorate it, remove the decorations afterwards and it continues to grow and live on.

Weekly Update:
So this past week was kind of busy with some fun stuff but otherwise just busy.  Wednesday afternoon has a gift exchange.  I think I did a pretty cool job with my gift for my Secret Santa.  I thought it was pretty original and creative and hope they do not forget it for years to come.  My Secret Santa was nice enough to get me some snacks and candy.  It was well thought of gift, they did get stuff I did like so that was cool.  They said I was hard to shop for but honestly, I don't think I am.  I would appreciate and like anything that anyone gave me.  That is why it is called a gift or present.  It is not what it is but the fact they took the time to get it.

At the movies:
No big surprise at the box office this weekend as The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies takes the #1 spot with a 5-day opening of 90.6 million.  Just above most expectations and should hit north of 250 mil cume for domestic box office when it is all said and done.  New at #2 is Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb with 17.3 mil, just shy of expectations by a couple of million.  Possibly can hit 100 mil cume but I think it might fall just shy of it.  Also new at #3 is Annie with 16.3 mil to open.  Again just shy of expectations but still a solid number.  Dropping down to #4 is "Exodus: Gods and Kings" with another 8.1 mil as it struggles along for the remainder of the holidays.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1" with another 7.8 mil as it cruises to hit 300 mil very soon.

Quote of the week:
"History is the record of an encounter between character and circumstances." - Donald Creighton

Facts & Tips:
Each year, the average person walks the distance from NY to Miami.

"No fingerprints, no photos. But they say, and I'm translating, "he has a nice, open face."" - Jeffrey Tambor as Tom Manning in "Hellboy II: The Golden Army."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home