Monday, December 01, 2014

THANKSGIVING DAY SPECIAL

Thursday was the big Turkey day but what did I end up having ... I was craving a McRib and McDonald's happened to be open so I saved some turkey and went with some pork-like product with other unnatural fillers.  That was my Thanksgiving and it was nice with a big thing of fries and a soda. So I am thankful that McDonald's was open for me to get that.

Weekly Update:
Each week is starting to feel and look like a blur to me.  I think I am just extremely tired and just want to sleep, maybe sleep in once or twice a week, that would be nice but as we get closer to the holiday season, those options become few and far between.  I still think we should have 4 day work weeks with 9 to 10 hour days ... then everyone would enjoy 3-day weekends or 3 days off during the week to break it up or something.  I think that would also effect traffic in general and with rotating days, could spread it out a bit.  But, this is highly unlikely and why would they do that?  Simply because I want to sleep in one day ... just once, maybe every two weeks?

At the movies:
The games manage to stay on top as "Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I" holds the crown for the second weekend in a row with an additional 56.9 mil and now past the 200 mil cume.  No doubt will hit over 300 mil at this rate by the time the new year hits.  New at #2 is Penguins of Madagascar with a weekend total of 25.8 mil and a holiday 5-day total of 36 mil. This was well below expectations, about half in fact.  Holding strong at #3 is "Big Hero 6" earning another 18.8 mil as it makes its way to the 200 mil mark.  Should get it fairly easily by Christmas and it seems that Penguins didn't put much of a dent in them.  The debut of the new Star Wars trailer on Friday could have had something to do with the low drop for this film. Also holding its ground at #4 is "Interstellar" with 15.8 mil and still looks like a solid award contender.  Rounding off the top 5 is Horrible Bosses 2 with 15.7 mil for the weekend and a 5-day total of 23 mil. This is below the opening box office from what its predecessor did 3 years ago and well below expectations as well.

Quote of the week:
"The best we can do is lean toward the light." - Joseph Campbell

Facts & Tips:
The Empire State Building has 73 elevators.

"What are you? Bionic?" - Nick Swardson as Michael in "You Don't Mess with the Zohan."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home