Monday, September 22, 2014

Weather getting a tad better but still too warm and humid.  I was outside one day for a good portion and after a bit of time I felt like I had breathed in water, it was just so heavy and dense.  I did have the AC on for two nights so I could sleep but I really do hate doing that because you really don't notice it on at night and when you do, you are too tired to do anything about it except for getting up in the covers and snuggling tight so you stay warm.  Then when you wake up in the morning, you realize the AC was on for the entire night (maybe not on but it was set to be one if the thermostat is working properly) ... what a catch-22 it is but at least it was only two nights ... it is not suppose to be this hot or warm anymore during this time!!!  I felt like this cat in the picture, you do what you can to stay cool.

Weekly Update:
You know what I discovered that was interesting (to me anyway) ... different search engines work better for different types of searches.  You have your main three out there: Yahoo, Google and Bing, for the most part are it.  Sure there are a lot of them but those are the primary three in my opinion.  So as I use different ones, I find that using Yahoo is OK for simple things like finding other web pages.  I think that Google is good in a broader search, at least the results that come up are more refined.  Then I find Bing to be great in finding images and in a higher resolution than the other two.  So depending on what I need to find, I will use that search engine ... pretty easy really but interesting at the same time to me.

At the movies:
New movies finally taking the lead again at the box office after a very long and interesting Summer!  Finding it's way to the #1 spot is The Maze Runner with a solid 32.5 million for it's debut.  Word-of-mouth is fair on this one so could do OK in the long run for the season.  This was pretty on par with my predictions.  New at #2 is A Walk Among Tombstones with 13.1 mil and below general expectations.  Also new at #3 is This is Where I Leave You with an 11.9 mil debut and not much buzz on this one, this was close to on point with predictions as well.  Holding some ground at #4 is "No Good Deed" with an extra 10.2 mil as it slowly comes to an end of its run.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Dolphin Tale 2" with another 9 mil and lesser drop than most films.  This still has some juice in it but no doubt will be the last time in the top 5.

Quote of the week:
"Keep changing.  When you're through changing, you're through." - Bruce Barton

Facts & Tips:
To make one pound of honey, a honeybee must tap about two million flowers.

"Every ounce of my training tells me he's hiding something." Cathy Silvers as Lt. Monday in "Sgt. Bilko."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home