Monday, September 08, 2014

I have to say it sure has gotten humid but the nights are so great!  It is almost like Summer and Winter with a flip of the switch!  It is suppose to be record breaking temps next week but I hope that isn't the case, we shall see.  But the weather is about 90 but feels like 100 with the heaviness in the air, I almost couldn't breath one time because it felt like my lungs were being pressed on by the weight of the air!!  But then at night, need a jacket which I do not mind ... like I always say, it is easier to get warmed up than to cool down and that is so true!  I mean sure you can cool down with AC but then you are using electricity and equipment ... just stay cool please!  I'm not sure what is going on in the picture I found but that is what came up with I put "humidity" in ... go figure.

Weekly Update:
A comedy icon passed but one I think will be quickly forgotten.  TV personality and comedian Joan Rivers, had passed.  She was one of the few women comedians in the 80's that I really enjoyed.  Her jokes at that time were actually funny but still made fun of primarily her husband at that time but weren't as mean spirited as they were in her latter years.  As she grew older, her style and comedy became very bitter and lack taste and any kind of sincerity but she was a pioneer back in the day.  She was often made fun of being made of plastic with her constant cosmetic surgeries.  Quiet frankly I think she would have aged well if she did not have anything done but I think it speaks volumes of her personality and vanity.  I found and chose a picture of her back in the day with the late great Johnny Carson ... yeah, I think she would have aged very well.  She was 81.

At the box office:
The Summer is definitely over and you can see it at the box office.  Still doing well at #1 is "Guardians of the Galaxy" with another 10.2 million as it is now just shy of 300 mil cume.  It might have it by the weekend but definitely by the end of this coming weekend.  Holding ground at #2 is "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" with 6.5 mil as it continues to struggle to reach 200 mil but I don't think it will make it.  Hanging on to #3 is "If I Stay" with another 5.8 mil.  Still in the top at #4 is "Let's Be Cops" with 5.4 mil extra.  Rounding off the top 5 is "The November Man" with another 4.2 mil it's 2nd weekend and will be done around the 25 mil cume mark.
 
New movies that did not make the top 5:
As expected and at the #11 spot is The Identical with a debut of only 1.9 mil and really not much more to say on that one.

Quote of the week:
"The family is a court of justice which never shuts down for night or day." - Malcolm De Chazal

Facts & Tips:
Giraffes can lick their own eyes.

"Face it, Dinesh, you're gay for my code. You're code gay." - Martin Starr as Gilfoyle in the TV series "Silicon Valley."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home