Monday, June 30, 2014

Now it feels like Summer!!  The days are starting to heat up, hit the high 80's with very little wind but at least the nights dropped down which was very nice.  I am not sure what the forecast will be but I hope this is the height of the highs, now that would be amazingly nice!  One can dream but it is unlikely.  I've said it before and I will keep saying it, our weather is completely messed up.  I may have grown up in a house were we ran the AC but I also grew up in a time and place were we run outside to play with our friends.  Put on shows, play in the mud we just made, build forts, freeze-tag on someones lawn and all that good stuff.  I remember it being warm but not painfully hot that we never played outside because of heat.  We did sometimes not play outside because it was raining or too cold but heat?  I don't recall.  The weather, it has changed!

Weekly Update:
Water ... it is my enemy and my friend but right now my enemy.  In general the week has been fair, still bored out of my mind.  But I discovered some water under the sink and not sure what it is from yet.  Then, on the side of the house I found a little drain pipe that is dripping out hot water and I am not sure from where yet.  Of course I discover
ed all of this on Friday night and Saturday morning so to avoid any emergency cost, I have to wait till Monday to address them.  Under the sink doesn't seem too bad and could be nothing to something minor.  So for the one on the side of the house, I thought, why not put a hose to it and let the water drain into the pool?  It always needs water and I can not waste it as much if it did that!  So after some figuring out and adjusting, it worked!  No leak at the start of the hose and it is draining into the pool till I can get it figured out and fixed.  But still, annoying and having to deal with it in general just sucks.

At the movies:
No surprises at the box office this weekend as only one film opened but it was a BIG one!  Dominating the weekend with a solid 100 million is Transformers: Age of Extinction as it will make its way to the next 100 mil over the course of the next 2 to 3 weeks.  Word-of-Mouth is not great on this film but it doesn't seem to matter too much when it comes to most of the big budget, high action, all special effect driven film franchises. Holding ground at #2 is "22 Jump Street" with another 15.4 mil and continues to push toward 200 mil cume but likely will fall just shy of it.  Hanging on to #3 is "How to Train your Dragon 2" with another 13.1 mil as it passes the 100 mil cume mark earlier in the week.  Big drop to #4 is "Think Like a Man Too" with another 10.4 mil as it struggles along.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Maleficent" earning another 8.2 mil and it now hit the 200 mil cume mark!  Steam is running out on this film but after 5 weeks into the summer season, it is no surprise.

Quote of the week:
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can keep your country from doing." - Jon Stewart

Facts & Tips:
The nothingness of a black hole generates a sound in the key of B flat.

"Whoa, I don't know, man. I got a business to run. This is like my office as well as my home. Plus, the lion comes in a couple days." - Peter Dante as Dante in "Grandma's Boy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home