Monday, June 23, 2014

And the weather continues to be great!  I totally feels like one of those lazy moments where you sit on a pier in shorts and start into the sunset.  It needs to stay like this ALL summer please!!!  I know it won't be great each day but if it can stay like this in general, I will be semi-happy and thankful for just one thing!  Now I want to go to a beach and hangout on a pier or lifeguard station while watching the sunset go down ... I mean I have never done that before but why not for a first time?  I should go do that next week or shortly after the month is over.

Weekly Update:
Kind of a busier week this week but it was all good.  Still getting very little sleep, I don't think that will change anytime soon but what can you do.  But the big thing was Sunday with the 3rd Annual German Shepherd Safe Haven Appreciation Picnic ... ok, that could use a shorter title I think.  But this event has grown so much and there was close to 40 dogs from what I could tell and so many more families.  The food was awesome, love me some mac-n-cheese, garlic mashed potatoes and tri-tip.  I stayed away from the chicken this time because last time I thought it was borderline under-cooked.  Catered chicken that is just cooked quickly always worry me.  If it was fried, I may have given it a second glance but there was still a ton of other food to be eaten!  But the day was pretty perfect, not hot and nice cool breezes going on.  A few incidents with animals not agreeing but they were well contained, I think I only saw one dog get the nose of another but no major harm seemed noticeable.  Lot of licking and petting, but what can you do with all the cuddly dogs.  It was a nice Sunday.

At the movies:
Hitting the screens this weekend and taking the box office crown is "Think Like a Man Too" opening to a solid 30 million.  Very close to estimations and word-of-mouth is fair on this so it could hit 100 mil but may be a long struggle.  Very small bump to #2 is "22 Jump Street" earning an extra 29 mil and has now surpassed the 100 mil mark!  Also a small drop to #3 is "How to Train Your Dragon 2" with another 25.3 mil as it is inches away from the 100 mil mark and should hit that with no problem within the next day or two.  New at #4 is "Jersey Boys" as it sings in the basement with only 13.5 mil to open, close to expectations as well.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Maleficent" gaining another 13 mil as it quickly approaches the 200 mil cume mark and should get it by end of this week.

Quote of the week:
"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth." - Pablo Picasso

Facts & Tips:
The average Koala sleeps 22 hours each day.

"I just was scared that you didn't love me. And I didn't think you could because of how ugly I am. I should've known better. That's not who you are. You took one look at me and still said you'd seen worse. And somehow, when I'm around you, I don't feel ugly at all." - Alex Pettyfer as Kyle Kingson in "Beastly."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home