Monday, June 09, 2014

Another great week of good weather, what is going on?!  One thing I did notice later in the week ... June Bugs!  They are starting to pop up, ah that one time of year these little brown rascals show up and just make a mess and when they land on you, they kind of stick with their prickly legs (but don't hurt) and it just feels gross.  But I have only seen one so far but where there is one, there will be others.  So many others and then within 30 days, they die and disappear till next year.  What a strange and cruel joke Mother Nature has played on these little insects.  Some people have written on how to cook these critters up for some food ... why?  I mean I guess people eat all sorts of things and other bugs like grasshoppers, ants and crickets ... why not June bugs I guess but that is OK, I will pass on these.  They bother me enough that I don't need to eat them for revenge of bothering me.

Weekly Update:
What in the world did I do last week?  Just some meetings and conference calls I think ... wow, did I really not do anything except that?  How boring is that?!  That is both depressing and ... well ... more depressing. I hate meetings to, so many people schedule them and half of the time they are just busy-work kind of stuff and pull you away from real work (most of the time).  Well, that is dumb.

At the movies:
Big surprise at the box office as The Fault in Our Stars opens big to take the crown with a hefty 48.2 million for its debut.  With most schools out, never underestimate the tween crowds especially the female audiences.  Word-of-mouth is strong on this film and should easily hit 100 mil in no time.  Average drop to #2 is "Maleficent" with another 33.5 mil as it surpasses the 100 mil mark with ease.  New at #3 is the sci-fi big budget film of Edge of Tomorrow earning 29.1 mil which is right at expectations.  Reviews are just fair for this film and should drop-off significantly.  Losing more ground is "X-Men: Days of Future Past" with another 14.7 mil but it should still break the 200 mil mark.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Million Ways to Die in the West" with another 7.2 mil as it struggles along for an R-Rated Summer comedy.

Quote of the week:
"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." - Lily Tomlin

Facts & Tips:
A male firefly's light is twice as bright as a female's.

"'Nuff talk, it's smashin' time." - Tress MacNeille as Agnes Skinner in the TV series "The Simpsons."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home