Monday, April 28, 2014

Ah a little rain and a little chill!  Now it feels like Winter time as we quickly approach ... May??  Well, at least we got some moments of rain for a couple of day and my car got maybe 20% washed so that is nice. And unlike the last time it rained for like 3 minutes, it didn't create the really dirty spots all over but basically washed away the base layer of dirt.  Hey, it saves me some money, time and energy than having to either take it a car wash or do it myself.  But I do love and miss the rain, a good reason to stay inside and be warm and do nothing.  I also like hearing the rain outside and the smell of wet ... now we just need more of it and now!

Weekly Update:
This past week was yet a pretty uneventful one again (as I like it) except for Saturday.  I drove down to San Diego with a friend for a gaming convention at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.  It was called KingdomCon and it was all about gaming.  Most of the games being played were about 70% miniatures of varying kinds, 10% board games, 10% vendors and 10% Role-playing games.  I haven't been to a convention like this in about 25 years or so but I do remember it and it was a blast from the past.  I entered into one tournament
for Monsterpocalypse (MonPoc for short) and its basically a miniature game of giant monsters and support units fighting each other in some random city with scale buildings.  But aside from that, the other games were Warhammer, Warmachine, Maulifaux (sp?) and many other games that involve miniatures and terrain.  The overall group of people there was pretty nice and it was just plain fun.  I wish I had the funds to buy a ton load of stuff there but miniatures are also very expensive!

At the movies:
The girls run the box office and a queen holds the #1 spot this week!  At the top is The Other Woman with a decent 24.7 million for its debut, just about what I predicted on the high range, not to bad.  Holding ground at #2 is "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" with an extra 16.1 mil as it continues its climb to the 250 mil mark.  Keeping ground at #3 is "Heaven is for Real" with 13.8 mil.  Dropping down to #4 is "Rio 2" earning an extra 13.7 mil as it is just shy of the 100 mil mark, should have it by Thursday.  New at #5 is the action film Brick Mansions with 9.6 mil for its debut, well below expectations.
New films that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as The Quiet Ones hit 4 mil, a bit low from what was predicted but it is also a bad time frame for a film like this one.  Should have come out later in the summer time frame.

Quote of the week:
"Old age is the most unexpected of all the things that happen to a man." - James Thurber

Facts & Tips:
The fastest growing nail is on the middle finger.

"and I just can't wait to start a life with someone who means so much to me." - Adrianne Curry in the TV show "My Fair Brady."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home