Monday, March 24, 2014

Well the weather cooled down as we are now officially in the Spring Season!  Thursday was the Spring Equinox which changes the seasons if you believe there are seasons anymore depending on where you live.  But I will say that this past week the weather got a LOT cooler, mostly in the high 60's to low 70's for the day with a lot of clouds and cold winds.  It was a nice change compared to the recent heat waves we have been getting and now we just need a little rain to clean up our streets and supply us some water, lots of rain please!

Weekly Update:
Not much of a week as far as I can remember ... what did I do??  Hmmm ... lot of errands, had to fix some fixture covers.  Can't think of much, how odd is that?  Yeah I can't think of an exciting thing at all I did this past week ... that is good, right?  Well, it is OK for now but I know I will be very bored, wait, I am already bored!  Idleness is not good, never is.  OH, I did drop off
two boxes (medium size) of books at the public library donation center along with some old VHS tapes ... YES, VHS!  They said they take everything so why not?  I hate just throwing stuff away if it can still be used so there you go.  That is what I did this past week, donated a bunch of stuff and hope to donate more as I sift through all the junk in the house.

At the movies:
At the box office this week things landed pretty much as expected for the most part.  In at #1 is Divergent with a decent 56 mil for it's debut.  Just below expectations however almost on the money for my guess.  Word-of-mouth is fair on this film and should suffer a more than average drop-off next week.  In at #2 is Muppets Most Wanted with 16.5 mil, well below expectations all around but with additional spring breaks coming up, it should hold fairly well.  Slight drop to #3 is "Mr. Peabody and Sherman" with another 11.7 mil as it makes it way to 100 mil cume.  Average drop to #4 is "300: Rise of an Empire" with an extra 8.7 mil as it crawls to hit 100 mil cume.  New at #5 in just under 800 screens is God's Not Dead with a solid 8.6 mil.  Word-of-mouth is good on this film so it should do well over the next couple of weeks as we get closer to Easter.

Quote of the week:
"I think one of the reasons I'm popular again is because I'm wearing a tie.  You have to be different." - Tony Bennett

Facts & Tips:
There are more chickens than people in the world.

"Bosnia.  They don't have roads, but they have Facebook." - Rashida Jones as Marylin Delpy in "The Social Network."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home