Monday, June 16, 2014

Weather lately has been remarkably great!!  We are close to the start of Summer (as seasons go, not by school schedule) and it has remained in the high to mid 70's.  I know we must be due for some scorchers this year but thus so far, awesome!  Been keeping the windows open for nice breezes and fresh year ... what is going on here??  It is a little confusing because by now we would be hitting the 90's at least, running AC to just remain any resemblance of non-melting state.  I really do hope it remains this way because that would just be cool ... literally!

Weekly Update:
Not much of a week lately, been kind of lazy and very sleepy.  I still have this problem of going to bed between 2 and 4AM and still waking up at 8AM regardless.  So what tends to happen, I get tired during the day but can't really take a nap for more than a minute.  Then, one day out of a week to two weeks, I just crash for like 4 hours and I fall asleep when its daylight and then wake up and its dark.  That tends to throw my entire day and time off.  But aside from that happening lately, ended up going to LA for various things and I was really surprised at the low amount of traffic.  I left LA to get back to the OC as early as I could but I knew I was hitting that start of rush hour traffic at 4PM.  But was pretty shocked when it only took me an hour and half to get back when it should have taken me 3 hours!  But now  thinking about it, school's are done so there is less college traffic that may have helped?  But either way, was happy to get back sooner than anticipated.

At the movies:
Big weekend at the box office despite more graduation events going on but the sequels take the lead.  Leaping into first is "22 Jump Street" with a solid 60 million, higher than previous expectations but later tracking showed it to be about on point.  No doubt a third sequel was green lit after those Friday numbers came in.  Distant but solid second place is "How to Train Your Dragon 2" with a debut of 50 mil.  This is up almost 15% from it's predecessor 5 years ago.  Average drop to #3 is "Maleficent" in its third week earning an extra 19 mil as it steams it way along to hit the 200 mil mark soon.  Slight drop to #4 is "Edge of Tomorrow" with another 16.2 mil as it will struggle to even crack that 100 mil mark.  Big drop to #5 is "Fault in our Stars" with 15.7 mil but it can still easily break 100 mil mark within the next 2 weeks at this pace.

Quote of the week:
"We are monkeys with money and guns." - Tom Waits

Facts & Tips:
A chameleon shoots out its tongue to catch prey at speeds faster than a fighter jet.

"You can never escape me. Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it with someone like you." - Ben McKenzie as Batman/Bruce Wayne in "Batman: Year One."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home