Monday, December 15, 2014

RAIN!  Got some rain mid-week but only lasted about a day.  Was so not enough again and if we only get two or three days of solid rain this Winter, we are still in trouble with the drought.  And the rain we did get this past week was still very little.  It was enough to keep my car clean which is nice but not enough for anything else.  We need water and we can not continue to import it like we are doing now.  It kind of makes sense why a bottle of water costs about $2.00 at a store but then again even if we had plenty of water, it probably will still be that price because ... well, it is bottled and it cost someone money to do that for you to drink because it is special water.  I must say though, I do prefer Arrowhead water, I think it has something to do with their filtration system because it taste different to me than other brands of water and that out of the sink!  I could not tell you the difference between other brands but Arrowhead I can sure tell. 


Weekly Update:
I want a vacation ... away from everything and anything but where would one want to go?  I was sort of debating either Lake Arrowhead or Big Bear.  Also, Santa Barbara sounded cool too but which of these would be most cost effective?  Do I want snow or just a place to hang out and do nothing?  I wonder if I can muster a short trip over a weekend for Big Bear Lake.  Seeing some snow would be kind of cool and fun.  Well, I guess I may do some research and figure it out later.  I would like to go when it has some snow but then again, who knows how much snow we will get with the lack of rain there is going on.  Oh well ... just oh well.

At the movies:

Talk about close predictions!  New at #1 is Exodus: Gods and Kings with 24.5 million to open.  Just shy of the 25 mil mark as predicted and the real test will be this coming weekend for it but I think it will suffer an significant drop now with the line-up coming up.  It was predicted this film could have legs but this season is just now kicking off.  Holding ground at #2 is "Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1" with another 13.2 mil as it makes its way to 300 mil.  Should reach it by the end of the year without any problems.  Holding at #3 is "Penguins of Madagascar" with 7.3 mil as it struggles to hit 100 mil as some expect, I do not see it happening.  New at #4 is Top Five with 7.2 mil and the film did what it said it would ... make the Top Five.  Rounding off the top five is "Big Hero 6" with another 6.2 mil as it tries to reach 200 mil cume and should get it soon.

Quote of the week:
"When we ask advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice." - Marquis de la Grange

Facts & Tips:
The word "purple" does not rhyme with any other word in the English language.

"We got a call about lewd behavior on the boardwalk and you the only thing I see around here that could qualify as lewd." - Niecy Nash as Deputy Raineesha Williams in "Reno 911!: Miami."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home