Monday, February 09, 2015

Just another week and ... I got sick!  I thought I was going to get sick back in January but then I guess I was able to fight that off and turned out to be fine.  Then on Saturday night I started getting the same feelings and symptoms, but this time, I lost the fight.  Woke up the next day, completely congested and got very warm and very cold throughout the day.  I did not thing I was getting a fever but I did manage to be so tired and always blowing my nose.  So slept throughout the day and then went into the office on Monday, stayed for 2 hours and then left.  Made an appointment that same day and found out I had minor influenza and an ear infection in my left year.  I am not sure if this was that drastic but the doctor said it was a good thing I saw them because my ear was about to blow causing serious damage.  I mean, to me, it just felt like I was blowing part of the congested through my left ear but I guess that is bad.  So I was put on meds right away and stayed home for the of the day.  I hope it goes away ...

Weekly Update:
The week itself was pretty quiet.  Went to Los Angeles
on Saturday for a few hours.  Getting there was not a problem but getting home ... funny how it is a Saturday and it was nothing but back-to-back street and freeway traffic.  I thought I left at a decent time but I guess no time is decent for LA.  I am sure other major cities have the same issue but I don't think they do almost year-round.  I am sure other cities have issues with traffic because of weather like snow but just because of the amount of people and drives who have no clue how to drive?  I think that is our issue and we need to figure out that problem somehow ... where are the hover cars to bring a new level of traffic?!

At the movies:
Absorbing up the #1 spot this weekend is The SpongeBob Move: Sponge Out of Water with an astonishing 56 million.  Above most expectations and I am sure more toys and other related products saw a big boost in sales as well.  Slight drop to #2 is "American Sniper" with another 24.2 mil and just shy of the 300 mil mark.  It should hit that this coming weekend.  New at #3 is Jupiter Ascending with 19 mil and slightly above expectation.  Word-of-mouth is not great on this one so it should be a very fast burn.  New at #4 is Seventh Son with a very disappointing 7.1 mil but not too far from predictions.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Paddington" with another 5.4 mil as it more-or-less has run out of steam.

Quote of the week:
"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier." - General Colin Powell

Facts & Tips:
People don't sneeze when they are asleep because the nerves involved in the sneeze reflex are also resting.

"Hey, here he is, my homeless brother. Where's your cardboard box? And Linda, my god, ah - your body is ridonculous. Purrr." - Ken Marino as Rick in "Wanderlust."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home