Monday, January 19, 2015

Did we get more rain?!  OH wait, it was a drop from the sky teasing us again.  Got a little rain and when I say little, I mean just enough to cover the ground for 30 minutes and it was gone.  We need so much more but what can we do about it?  I wish there was such a thing as a rain machine that shot chemicals in the air (natural of course) and made the clouds suck up water to bring us rain.  Of course knowing our luck, that would work and then the clouds would keep moving to some place that already gets rain and unload thus us not getting the rain we need and spending all that time and money in this crazy machine.  Curse you irony and what you do ... you know that is what would happen, right!

Weekly Update:
Not to much going on this week except long hours.  Each day for me has started around 7 or 8 AM and ended around midnight at some point when I fall asleep.  I am not sure why, even if i am in bed trying to sleep, I won't fall asleep till at least close to 2 AM and I know my alarm will start going off just past 5 AM.  And each day it repeats!  I try to sleep in on Sunday but that is still waking up before 9 AM.  I did nap throughout the day so that was nice but did not really make up for all the time lost before hand.  I don't know what is wrong with my brain, I think it can not shut off for some reason.  Where is the switch please!?

At the movies:
The limited release goes big with "American Sniper" taking the box office crown this holiday weekend was an amazingly strong 90.2 million!  It is just shy of 100 mil for it's 4th week and should get that by end of this coming week. Word-of-mouth is very strong on this film and with the recent award nominations, should get to 200 mil with no problem.  New at a distant #2 is The Wedding Ringer with 21 mil.  Still a very solid number and just above expectations.  New at #3 is Paddington with 19.3 mil, also slightly above expectations.  Big drop to #4 is "Taken 3" with another 14 mil and will be very shy of the 100 mil mark this time around.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Selma" with 8.3 mil and should have fair legs during the award season.
 
New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as Blackhat comes in at #10 with only 4 mil which is below expectations just a bit. 

Quote of the week:
"The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things." - Jilly Cooper

Facts & Tips:
Rats and mice are ticklish, and even laugh when tickled.

"Yeah, I could walk down to the village, ask 'em to borrow a phone." - Emile Hirsch as Danny Dietz in "Lone Survivor."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home