Monday, December 29, 2014

Post Christmas Edition

So Christmas came and went ... I started a new tradition of having a nice McDonald's McRib Combo, super size it of course for my X-Mas eve dinner.  I did enjoy it and was glad I was able to get it.  I am glad this sandwich is seasonal and only comes by once a year because if it was year-round, that might be dangerous.  Actually, I can only eat one or two of these a year.  Almost like how I can only have eggnog once a year although I did not have any this time around.  Is that good or bad?  I do not know nor do I care.

Weekly Update:
I really didn't do much this week.  Spent most of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day working on all kinds of stuff.  I was very happy that Starbucks was open on both days.  I really was not a Starbucks person at all till about maybe mid-September and now I visit about 2 to 4 times a week!  I mad their gold status pretty quickly but now I do want to cut back to maybe 1 to 3 times a week.  That many times is both not that healthy and also adds up on the wallet so, time to cut back some.  I just hope they don't continue to give me cool offers that I want to take advantage of!  Curse you Starbucks and your marketing schemes ... and effectiveness!

At the movies:
For a second week in a row, "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" wins again with a holiday total of 41.4 million at the box office.  It now has a cume of over 165 mil and is steaming along nicely to reach the 200 mil mark.  New at #2 is Unbroken with a solid 47.3 mil 5-day total (31.8 weekend) and surpasses expectations.  Also new at #3 is Into the Woods with 46.1 mil (31 weekend) and also above expectations.  Holding ground at #4 is "Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb" with another 20.6 mil as it struggles to reach 100 mil cume.  Rounding off the top 5 for the holidays is "Annie" with 16.6 mil and will definitely fall short of the 100 mil cume.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
A few this weekend that were in semi-wide release.  In at #7 is The Gambler with only 9.3 mil and this was a full release.  Not a good sign for this film but could potentially have some award buzz about it.  At #15 with just over 1,000 screens is Big Eyes with only 4.4 mil for the holidays.  More award than box office buzz on this one.  Quick release at #16 is The Interview, after much controversy on the film it opens with only 1.8 mil.  Not a bad number with 300 screens but then again, not a great per theatre average to be considered successful.  The VOD numbers on this may be better, but not sure.

Quote of the week:
"The important thing is not to stop questioning." - Albert Einstein

Facts & Tips:
Britain was the first country to register a patent on polyester.

"Cadet Lewis Johns just taught you the most important lesson you'll learn here at Tuskegee. If you don't believe in God, you'd better find a damn good substitute." - Courtney B. Vance as Lt. Glenn in the TV movie "The Tuskegee Airmen."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home