Monday, March 09, 2015

DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME!! edition

Did you remember to set your clocks ahead an hour?  I did, I wish I didn't but I did.  As always, we lost an hour of sleep or day time by setting our clocks ahead one hour so now we will get more daylight in the evening or something.  Who knows, I just thing we need to keep going back an hour every 6 months so eventually we will have dinner at noon and breakfast at 7PM.  Eventually it will go full circle but it would mix things up!

Weekly Update:
It is so hot, why?  WHY?!  I mean it was not Summer hot but it was still warm for being end of Winter and the beginning of Spring.  The weather here simply does not make sense anymore and it feels like it is a on-going problem.  I know we have no means to control the weather but we can still control our consumption.  I am not a big fan of the desert motif for a garden but I think grass is more resilient than we are made to believe and we can water less perhaps.  My gardner had the water going off every night and that seemed like such a waste so he finally adjusted it and I think it goes off every other night and maybe even 1 every 3 nights which would be great.  I do not have much to water in the backyard so it should be OK.

At the movies:
Adjusted for Daylight Saving Time yet?  Does not look like the box office did.  New at #1 is the sci-fi drama of Chappie with only 13.3 million to open.  Well below expectations despite positive reviews.  Slight drop to #2 is "Focus" with another 10 mil and struggling along.  New at #3 is The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel with 8.6 mil.  A little below expectations but still a good number for this semi-wide release.  Holding on to #4 is "Kingsman: The Secret Service" with an extra 8.3 mil as it closes in on the 100 mil mark and should get it in a day or two.  Rounding off the top 5 is "The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water" with yet another 7 mil as it continues the climb and should hit 150 mil cume sometime tomorrow.
 
New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week in a surprise box office upset.  In at #10 is Unfinished Business with only 4.8 mil, well below all expectations and did not even leave the starting gate.  I guess now is not the time for R-Rated comedy films. 

Quote of the week:
"Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays." - Henny Youngman

Facts & Tips:
U.S. paper currency isn't made of paper - it's actually a blend of cotton and linen.

"I am serious... and don't call me Shirley." - Leslie Nielsen as Dr. Rumack in "Airplane."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home