Monday, October 05, 2026

bed news, bad weather

Someone turned on the heat and broke the switch so now it's left on HOT!  As we go into Fall, our weather here as jumped substantially.  End of this week and into next week, we will have several days of 100+ degree weather when normally we should be back in the 70's.  I guess this is part of the Super El Nino that is occurring as we sit in that window of extreme heat and dryness while above and below is will expecting flooding. I don't know if there is a temperature change and it could be a warm rain for them instead of a cold rain which is what we are used to here.  I wouldn't mind warm rain as long as its rain because this extreme heat is extending our fire season by a LOT.  It did get pretty windy on Saturday mid-day which is what I typically associate with El Nino weather but the heat and dryness is new (to me).  I just want normal weather again but I fear that may be over with how global warming has changed our patterns so drastically.

Weekly Update:

I do believe in Karma and how good deeds get rewarded in some fashion back to you and bad ones will eventually bite you at some point.  But I'm not sure what I did to get (what I feel) is bad karma or simply bad luck and news.  From personal bad news which felt like a load of bricks just hits you to work bad news, it just seems to pile on and on nearly all at once.  How does it do that and why?  Like does one part of the universe tell the other, hey I am going to make this happen so you should do this so we can sandwich them in-between?  But yeah, when stuff like this starts, it really does pile on or so it feels like and you just have to wonder... why and will it ever get better?  I seem to have had consistent bad news and luck for like the past decade with very few good moments here and there, where's the balance?  Or hey, why can't all the bad not show up at all?  I feel like I am not at my peak due to lack of rest and sleep but I still manage to do what I need to do... I bet I could do so much more if I was more rested or so I think.  When or will this bad news streak ever end?  The saying is true though, when it rains, it pours and that is what it feels like is going on for me.

At the movies:

New week, new #1 as Verity takes the box office crown with 32.6 million to open.  Solid number for this time of year since it's usually a lull between seasons. Holding at #2 is Resident Evil with an extra 12.5 mil as it does well overall at the box office. Also holding at #3 is Heart of the Beast with 11 mil and a fairly small drop, but won't go too much further.  Holding at #4 is Primetime with 8 mil with a sizeable drop but not enough to lose its ranking.  New at #5 is Digger with a very disappointing 8 mil to open and will fade out very fast.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Only 1 this week at #8, Drishyam: The Conclusion on a limited run and earning 2.7 mil with only a $5k per screen average.

Quote of the week:
"No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world." - Robin Williams

Facts & Tips:

Cats can hear ultrasound.


"Whoa. Is my hair out?" - James Woods as the voice of Hades in Hercules.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home