Monday, September 21, 2026

Cooling times...

Now this is Southern California weather!  Finally the nights are nice and cool, almost cold again.  Sleeping with the windows open, I don't need to run the house fan anymore and the ceiling fan I tend to turn off just before bed or some time in the middle of the night because it's too cold!  And using the sheets and blankets again... this is how it should be.  The days are ok, not hot, maybe a little warm but the breezes are what makes the difference between nice and HELL!  The breezes are back and hopefully here to stay.  I might get to a point where I will close the windows at night because it will get too cold but not there just yet.  I just hope it maintains this way from now on till next Summer.  Low 80's during the day and in the 60's at night, just as it should be.  Welcome back SoCali weather, where have you been and we missed you.

Weekly Update:

I discovered recently that Gold Peak Ice Tea has a zero sugar version!  I went to Wendy's and they had one of the Freestyle machines and there it was, Gold Peak Zero Sugar!  I love Gold Peak tea, has a good flavor and always get it iced or very cold but can't drink it due to the sugars.  But the zero sugar version tasted just as good and so happy they have it!  Now I just need to find it at the store but hopefully it's not crazy expensive as the cost of everything is going up.  But I should go to Wendy's more often to just get a large drink, have one there and refill it before I leave to drink more later.  But however I get it, I'm just glad it exists now as all my options have been either Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi which are both good but something about Gold Peak just hits the spot when I'm thirty.  Not sure if the zero sugar is caffeine free or not but I will assume it is not so will have to be careful what time of day I drink it when I have to be up early the next day.

At the movies:

Another new movie at #1, coming in with a solid 60 million to open is Resident Evil and a strong opening for this time of year.  Word-of-mouth is good on this film and should carry it past 100 mil. Down to #2 is Practical Magic 2 with 12.2 mil as it drops close to 60% and may fall short of hitting 100 mil. In at #3 is Spider-Man: Brand New Day with 6.5 mil as it is close to 950 mil cume.  Holding at #4 is The Odyssey with 4.9 mil as it slowly winds down. Rounding off the top 5 is Coyote vs. Acme with 4.5 mil and this one is almost tapped out.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Several this week starting at #7 is Daniel and the Fiery Furnace with 3.1 mil on a wide-release pattern and a very poor per screen average. New at #8 is The Transformers: The Movie 40th Anniversary with 3.1 mil and this was a limited showing and still turned out 3 mil which is almost all profit. Finally at #9 is The Weight with 2.3 mil as it goes out on a semi-wide release but still a very poor per screen average.

Quote of the day:
"We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses." - Carl Jung

Facts & Tips:

Elephants are capable of swimming 20 miles per day.

"I grew up thinking of snow as a luxury you visit." - Director John Landis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home