Monday, August 31, 2026

breaker breaker

It has been non-stop hot for the past 2 to 3 weeks and looks like it will continue to do so this coming week.  The heat usually isn't this bad but where did this humidity come from that is just making our air feel "heavy" and thus making breathing that much more difficult.  I have this new ceiling fan in the guest room where I have been staying while the bathroom continues to get remodeled and the other night, it stopped!  Now I have had this fan for years in the box but just recently got it installed earlier this year.  I have almost ran it 24- hours non-stop too so it's getting a lot of good use and also it is the Hunter brand which, in my opinion is the best brand out there.  But it stopped and I could not figure out why.  It has no pull strings or chains and runs solely on a remote.  The remote was lighting up when I clicked it so it wasn't batteries plus it stopped in the middle of the night.  All my other electronics in the room were still on so I knew it was that.  I did check the breakers to see if any had 'popped' but all were solid.  I was worried I would have to call someone out to look at it and the warranty is way old since I bought it years ago.  One day after work, I shut down both of my computers and then started fully flipping breakers and... it started working again!  I was so happy but now I wished I did them one at a time so I could properly mark the breaker for that fan (and likely the room).  I don't know why when the build a home, they do not properly label the breakers for you.

Weekly Update:
I just learned recently that Southern California had record breaking humidity!  That does explain a lot of why the air has been so heavy and almost unbreathable these past couple of weeks, turns out the humidity is not normal (as I thought it wasn't).  This does explain a lot on the weather but it doesn't explain why it is happening.  Just more proof of both global warming and the green house effect we are making worse year-after-year! You can provide all the evidence and proof of something to people and yet they won't believe it because Science (and math) are fake or do not make sense.  They don't make sense because you are stupid. Closing your mind to something like this is only spelling disaster for you, them, everyone.

At the movies:

Another week, another #1 for the 5th week-in-a-row is Spider-Man: Brand New Day with 22.2 million as it is now inches away from 900 mil!  As it starts to slow down, this next weekend will be significant for it and may determine if it will hit the 1 billion mark! New at #2 is Coyote vs. Acme with 15.5 mil and a good number overall. Hanging on to #3 is The Odyssey with 14.3 mil as it pushes to reach 600, it could still do it.  Drop down to #4 is Insidious: Out of the Further with 10.1 mil more as it quickly drops out but not bad overall numbers.  New and rounding off the top 5 is The Dog Stars with 8 mil and not a good end of Summer opening.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Only one this week at #6, Buddy earns 5.4 mil on a semi-wide release.

Quote of the week:
"Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines." - Robert H. Schuller

Facts & Tips:

An ant's sense of smell is stronger than a dog's.

"This li'l mofo not doing' what he's told." - Lavell Crawford as Huell in the TV series Breaking Bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home