Monday, August 10, 2026

Non-stop

What a crazy week it has been for me.  So it started off kind of normal but then I had an event to go to on Wednesday and that is when I just couldn't keep up after for some reason.  But it was a movie premier for The Wrong Girls which opens in about a week and the theatre was about a mile or so from the party venue.  Funny, the theatre mention to take an Uber or Lyft as there is only limited street parking but I was thinking what theatre only has street parking?  With all the shops and stores around, maybe make a deal where people can park there after they close or something.  When there are theatres in the area, and you all play the same movies... it will boil down to convivence of getting in and out on your own.  But anyway, I parked at the party venue, Lyft over to the theatre and carpet, then Lyft back once the movie started.  I was the party till about 11P but when I got home it was past midnight and I was kind of wired or hyped up that I couldn't sleep right away and I had to be up early so I got very little sleep and thus just caused a ripple affect pretty much.  I'm still waiting to catch up on sleep!

Weekly Update:

What was going on this week... besides it just being very hot and humid?  Really not much but still being hot and humid!  This weather is confusing me and I don't like it.  I need to do laundry again or more often because of it.  Normally I have enough cloths to not do laundry for say a month at a time... a load of whites and a load of colors.  So far I've done at least 2 loads of whites and 1 load of colors, preparing to do another load of colors because I've had to change cloths more than once per day.  At best, I would say, if nothing is going on, I could change every other day... I'm not doing anything so everything is fine but this sticky humidity is getting both inconvenient and expensive with electrical and water costs going up.  Hot and warm is more expensive than cold seasons and we have not had a cold seasons in at least 2-years now.

At the movies:

Holding strong for a 2nd week in a row is Spider-Man: Brand New Day with another 145 million.  That is a sizeable 60% drop but still an amazing number which brings its current total at 655 mil cume!  No doubt will hit 700 by end of this week with that kind of trajectory.  Holding on to #2 is The Odyssey with an extra 31.5 mil as it gets closer to 500 mil and should get there eventually. New at #3 is One Night Only with 5.7 mil and as we come to the end of Summer, we'll see some little films popping up. New at #3 is Super Troopers 3 with 4 mil and kind of what was expected. Rounding off the top 5 and in its 8th week is Toy Story 5 with 3.9 mil as it crawls to a potential 500 mil goal, unsure if t it will reach it.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Coming in at #8 is Ice Cream Man with 2 mil on a wide-release pattern and making only $1200 per screen. New at #10 is CatVideoFest 2026 with 586k on less than 300 screens, no idea what this even is and guessing no one else did either.

Quote of the week:
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

Facts & Tips:

Termites eat through wood two times faster when listening to rock music!


"Not that I do drugs, but I'd like to be asked." - Debra Messing as Grace Adler in the TV series Will & Grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home