Why so sticky?
Make the heat stop! It got very hot during the day and sticky?? We got some humidity out of no where and it was making me sticky which I hated. This is not our weather so not sure what is happening here. But the temps do tell us one thing, Summer has hit SoCali for sure now we just need to ride it out but for how long. I think last year the heat was through most of September... as long as the nights drop down 20 to 30 degrees than I'll just hunker in during the day and do nothing. But now my electric bill will likely spike high for a couple of months, I hate that. I wish I could get solar but at what point does it become worth it over time and also, my fear is the golf ball impacts it will get. AND, the recent news about a bunch of solar companies in trouble so it makes it even more weary to trust the company but we know the technology is sound. What to do.Weekly Update:
Aldi vs Trader Joe's... I went to Aldi recently and I have to say their brands there seem pretty generic but are they Aldi brands like Trader Joe's has their brands? In my opinion the Aldi brands (assuming they are Aldi) are very generic in tastes and quality but way cheaper. Trader Joe's are very generic as well but way more expensive. I got a box of like mini-cheese filled crackers that was $1.99 but something similar at Trader Joe's (TJ for short) is $2.99 to 3.99 and the quality is the same. I often argue that TJ's stuff is kind of expensive and for what? Banana's are up to about .29 each when at Amazon (before they closed) were only .19 and Costco came out close to .10 to .15 if you buy them by the bunch. Another thing I bought at Aldi was a dip... regular French onion was about $1.99 but TJ's was $3.99 for half the amount but does it taste that much different? Not really. Though I appreciate the message that TJ is conveying but their quality doesn't match the price point as Aldi. Just that Aldi is very far and few between.
At the movies:
Big numbers return at the box office with a new #1! Nolan's The Odyssey earns a big 124.5 million and with very positive reviews. It will easily make it's way to 200 mil in a very short time and who knows from there. Drop down to #2 is Moana with 19 mil and should still reach 100 mil within the next 10-days. Following down to #3 is Minions & Monsters with 14.8 mil more and though this is past the 100-mil mark, it will tap out soon. Holding ground at #4 is Toy Story 5 with 14.8 mil as this will stay in the 400 mil zone but still an overall great number. Rounding off the top 5 is Evil Dead Burn with an extra 5 mil and this one is done for the Summer.
Quote of the week:
"We can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water." - Rabindranath Tagore
Facts & Tips:
The Hawaiian alphabet has only 12 letters.
"An old associate of mine speaks impeccable Cantonese. He lived about 200 years ago. You know him. Sun Lok? Course you do. You locked him inside the Grimhold." - Alfred Molina as Horvath in The Sorcerer's Apprentice.






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home