well that didn't last...
The heat is ON! We had such a great week of cool weather only to have it flipped to over 90 degree temperatures and the nights didn't get cool till closer to 8PM (instead of 6 or 7P). And now, looking at the forecast for next week, we will be hitting 100 on a day or two and the nights moving from the 60's to the 70's! I would run the AC more but I can't because the bathroom is still being worked on and the water condensation run off is still not connected to a drain so I have to keep switching buckets when it fills up and that can be tricky up and down stairs. So far it's been ok, I do it before it reaches half full but the other day, it was almost filled to the top and I moved very slowly down the stairs and across the house... but I made it out to the pool where I have been dumping the water. I wish I could have that run-off directly go to the pool instead of the drain as it's just water, kind of a waste but what can you do... at least it's not like water being turned on and used but water forming and dripping down.
Weekly Update:
With this heat comes... ANTS! Lots of them looking for sources of water and for food of course. They are always looking for food but with the temperatures being so hot and generally dry, the water supplies are dried up! Found a whole bunch in my tub area in the bathroom and for some reason, they were after the Head & Shoulders most of all and I rarely use that bottle so why that one? The other shampoo in the area wasn't touched, who knew ants are picky on their branding! But, yeah they have invaded and not sure where they are coming from... they can literally come from any where since the world is one big ant hill. Best I can do is spray the trail and it hits the crack or pin hole they are coming out of and it stops them. I did spray around the house but if they are coming from underneath the house, how do you stop that. I did replace all the ant traps in the kitchen so hopefully IF they do go there, they'll take the bad food back home and kill the rest of the colony. I like to believe these work... please work!
At the movies:
Holding at #1 for week #4 is Spider-Man: Brand New Day with 39 mil more and now at 854 mil cume! No doubt will get to 900 but can it break a billion domestic? With Labor Day coming up, it could get an extra boost and if the weather continues to be bad in general. New at #2 is Insidious: Out of the Further with 25.3 mil and a very solid number for this franchise. Slight drop to #3 is The Odyssey with 19.5 mil which is only a 17% drop so not bad at all! Hanging on to #4 is Paw Patrol: The Dino Movie with another 9.1 mil as their summer starts to wrap up. Rounding off the top 5 is The End of Oak Street with 9 mil and this one should be out after this week.
New movies that did not make the top 5:
A few this week starting at #6 is Mutiny with 7.5 mil and this didn't go any where. At #8 is the 25th Anniversary of The Fast and the Furious with 3.1 mil and not bad considering it's all profit for this one. And at #9 is Spa Weekend with 3 mil and only a per screen of $1500 which is very poor and will be out of theatres quickly.
Quote of the week:
"Once you bring life into the world, you must protect it. We must protect it by changing the world." - Elie Wiesel
Facts & Tips:
Fish cough.
"Prepare yourself for the worst, and the best will always happen." - Tito Ortiz, former UFC fighter






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home