Monday, September 07, 2026

Storytelling

Labor Day Edition

We had a very wet and humid Labor Day Weekend, well, not all weekend but Sunday was so humid with rain.  It felt like Florida but maybe 10 degrees cooler.  It started off cold with rain which was nice but come 11AM, the humidity kind of came out of no where and why?!  If it rains here, it's cold, not warm or hot like some places I know.  That was not pleasant and from the weather forecast, looks like we are heating up again in the 90's to as high as 100!  Make this make any sense to me because it doesn't and this is the green house affect or global warming.  For those who didn't believe in it years ago, thanks... we are at the brink of it is no longer reversable and it will only get worse and worse.  You did this to us, the same people who didn't believe in vaccinations and now we have cases of measles death when we eliminated it over 10-years ago.  The people who said there hasn't been a case in a decade... BECAUSE WE WERE DOING VACCINATIONS.  Numb-nuts, should go to an island and live there, the turn over rate of living will be high so it will never get overpopulated!

Weekly Update:

Sunday I had the opportunity to visit the new Lucas Museum of Narrative Art in Los Angeles at Exposition Park.  It was the member preview but it was sure crowded and wet as it rained all day.  But, the museum itself looks like a big space ship and could take off once it was done.  It felt a lot bigger on the inside than what you see in the inside.  Do not expect to just see Star Wars and Indiana Jones... those are their own exhibits but in fact Indiana Jones is part of another exhibit for Adventure.  The had so man amazing exhibits with original artwork from the likes of Frida Kahlo, Carl Banks, Norman Rockwell, a Warhol (I only saw one piece) and then I got to see original Banksy art for the first time.  It was amazing and moving all at once.  I can see why it sparks such emotions when you see it and with today's political climate.  Truly amazing and from what I heard, 2 of the pieces were created and built in the museum late at night just before opening!  So not only where they originals, they were brand new!  The museum officially opens on September 22nd to the public and I highly recommended going!

At the movies:

Holding on to #1 for a 6th straight week is Spider-Man: Brand New Day with 18 million and now just over 900 mil.  It's a fair distance from that billion dollar mark and might get there in the very end but not till after it's out of the top 5 more than likely. Up a notch to #2 is The Odyssey with 13 mil as it closes in at 600 mil and should get there eventually.  Drop down to #3 is Coyote vs. Acme with 11.3 mil and not a bad drop but overall performance is low. New at #4 is By Any Means with 7.4 mil and this one is in and out. Hanging on to the #5 spot is Insidious: Out of the Further  with 6.5 mil as it slowly fades out but still did well overall.

Quote of the week:
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Facts & Tips:

Frogs cannot swallow with their eyes open.

"I don't get jealous of other girls, because I was ... raised in a cloning lab to be the perfect woman for Hugh M. Hefner, so, other than the fact hat my I.Q.'s probably a little higher than he would like, I have nothing to worry about." - Holly Madison from the TV series The Girls Next Door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home