Remembering 9-11
Friday was the 25th Anniversary of the 9/11 attacks in the United States. 25-years ago waking up because my clock radio was set to a local radio station and they were mentioning accidents. But then I thought I heard the word "attack" and that made me wake up to see what was going on. I went over to my TV... yes, my TV and turned on the news to see the horrific images of the World Trade Center hit from a plane. I do not remember if I saw it before the 2nd plane struck the other tower though, I think it was after though but before they collapsed. Then heard about the one at the Pentagon and the other plane crashing in the field thanks to those brave souls on board who took matters in their own hands and no doubt prevent something bigger. I remember calling my boss at the office, he was already there since he was always in super early and he said just stay home till you hear otherwise. I just remember it being a very dry day outside and not knowing what to do next. It was a shocking morning and one I won't forget.Weekly Update:
The heat struck again this past week! It hit over 100 degrees on both Tuesday and Wednesday and night it stayed in the mid-80's but worse of all, the sticky humidity! It was nice that after that bump in temperatures, it did drop a lot to 90 the following day and has been hanging around there since. The big thing though is the humidity is not as bad and both later in the evening and early mornings are cool and crisp again. We are getting more cloud cover or layers which I am not sure what those are from. It is almost like when we have that June-gloom weather but it's September and no rain that may come with it. So is it from the Ocean or just random cloud cover that is like a big blanket in the sky? I don't know what it is but if it ensures us staying cooler than a 100, I welcome it!
At the movies:
A new #1 takes the box office! Taking the crown this week is Practical Magic 2 with 30 million to open and decent word-of-mouth on this film after 28-years from the first one. Drop down to #2 is Spider-Man: Brand New Day with 8.4 mil as it starts to wind down and might fall short of hitting 1 billion domestic. Holding on to #3 is The Odyssey with 7.4 mil as it hits the 600 mil mark. New at #4 is Runner with 6.7 mil and not a lot on this film, may fall out quickly. Rounding off the top 5 is Coyote vs. Acme with 6.2 mil more and likely the last we see on this one.
New movies that did not make the top 5:
At #8 is Hope with 3.3 mil but a very low per screen average. Coming in at #9 is The Uprising with 3.3 mil and even less per screen so this will be out fast.
Quote of the week:
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Facts & Tips:
The bullfrog is the only animal that never sleeps.
"You heard about Pluto? That's messed up, right?" - Dule Hill as 'Gus' Burton Buster on the TV series Psych.
At #8 is Hope with 3.3 mil but a very low per screen average. Coming in at #9 is The Uprising with 3.3 mil and even less per screen so this will be out fast.
Quote of the week:
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Facts & Tips:
The bullfrog is the only animal that never sleeps.
"You heard about Pluto? That's messed up, right?" - Dule Hill as 'Gus' Burton Buster on the TV series Psych.






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home