Monday, September 09, 2024

Melting away...

Wow it got hot this past week and weekend!  We reached over 100 degrees on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday!  And it's supposed to be 100 on Monday as well.  However, from there it is supposed to drop to 90, then 80 then back around 70's on Thursday but that was such a crazy heat wave and the nights were high 70's to low 80's as well.  We did get an earthquake on Saturday but when we get weather like this over 100 and dropping down to 70's, it's earthquake time!  And sure enough, it delivered but with a 4.1 in Eastvale which is towards San Diego from here.  I think the high in my area was about 107 to 108 degrees and all I wanted to do is stay inside with the windows and blinds closed to save all the cooler air inside.  I think I managed that for the most part but then the air gets a little stuffy even with the ceiling fan on and the house fan on as well.  I'm just circulating the same air after awhile but at least it's a bit cooler than outside was.  Come back Winter, we miss you!

Weekly Update:

With how hot it has been this past week and weekend, all I wanted to do is be indoors but like at other places so I don't have to run my AC.  I went to the mall on Friday and it was packed, everything had the same idea I did.  I met up with a friend for lunch and we stayed indoors instead of going to the park (Disneyland) where it would have been miserable in the heat.  On Sunday I tried to hang out at Panera a bit and it was good in the AM but by noon it started to get busy as the after church crowd started to roll in and those avoiding the heat as well.  by 9AM it was already about 90 degrees!  So you know it was going to be hot and remain hot all day here.  Thank you all the indoor places that had their AC on and allowing me to enjoy it as long as I could!

At the movies:

A new #1 at the box office this weekend!  Taking the crown is Beetlejuice Beetlejuice earning a whopping 110 million.  An amazing number for a non-holiday time frame and has good word-of-mouth as well that should carry a strong 2nd week.  Drop down to #2 is Deadpool & Wolverine with 7.2 mil more as it crossed the 600 mill threshold.  Climbing up to #3 is Reagan with 5.2 mil but still was a small drop while it went up in rankings.  Drop down to #4 is Alien: Romulus with 1.9 mil and still on track to hit that 100 mil benchmark soon.  Rounding off the top 5 is Ends with Us with 3.8 mil and continues to slowly fade out.

New movies did not make the top 5:
Just one this week coming in at #9 with a limited run of under 600 screens is The Greatest of All Time earning 2 mil and has a per screen value of $3,828.

Quote of the week:
"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves." - William Shakespeare

Facts & Tips:
The chicken is the closest living relative of Tyrannosaurus Rex.

"Aziz! Light!" - Luke Perry as Billy in The Fifth Element.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home