Monday, August 26, 2024

Arooooooooooooo

Coyotes!  Lately there has been a lot of activity in my backyard. You see, I have a small backyard and just past that is the golf course, in fact it's hole #4 and the community I live in is called Coyote Hills.  And there are literal coyotes that live around the neighborhood and really only come out at night.  But recently they have been what sounds like fighting and howling here and there.  Maybe they are fighting over a rabbit someone caught?  Or squirrel or duck... yep, we have them all here, even peacocks somethings.  I've seen the coyotes roaming around on very rare occasions, even along my backyard fence just passing by.  They definitely do not want to come near people and they are very skinny that I want to give them food and water.  But they have been very active lately outside (I did not take the picture shown).

Weekly Update:

Had a chance to go to a fun event on Friday night, the preview for Disney's Oogie Boogie Bash in Disney's California Adventure park.  The event started at 11 PM and lasted for about 2 hours (but I left after 90 mins).  It's a condensed version of the actual event but it is also free.  Some rides were open but it was all about the characters and their treat trails.  They had two new characters which were both interesting.  One was Hades from Hercules which is replacing Cruella.  He was good and the effect of his blue hair was pretty neat.  His jokes and quips were good for the relation to the animated movie. The other new character is Doofenschmirtz who is from the show Phineas and Ferb.  I do  not know this show at all and I've only seen a clip of this character.  He reminded me of a Conehead from SNL and was a bit weird as a live-action character with that look.  The voice was pretty good though and the set was fun.  It was also the most popular treat/character line of the whole evening so I guess everyone wanted to see him.  But overall good night and very very crowded for a limited event.  Now I have a big bag of candy I can't eat.  Last year they had Sun Chips which I like but this year... nada.

At the movies:

Re-taking the #1 spot this weekend in it's 5th week is Deadpool & Wolverine with an extra 18.3 million and now in range of 600 mil domestic cume.  Make take a week or two to get there but will get there!  Drop down to #2 with a standard 61% decline is Alien: Romulus with 16.2 mil and also within range of 100 mil cume.  Holding ground at #3 is Ends with Us with 11.9 mil as it goes well into the 100 range as expected.  Won't go much further but still an overall great number to be at.  New at #4 is Blink Twice with 7.3 mil and not sure where this one came from and likely will fade out fast.  Also new at #5 is The Forge with 6.6 mil and also will be bumped out of the rankings as soon as something new comes in (next week).

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week at #8, Lionsgate's new version of The Crow with only 4.6 mil for its debut.

Quote of the week:

"I don't think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains." - Anne Frank

Facts & Tips:

The 100 folds in a chef's hat represent the 100 ways to cook an egg.

"I came for science. I'm leaving cause of witches.  Welcome to the new dark ages!" - J.B. Smoove as Mr. Dell in Spider-Man: Far from Home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home