Sunday, October 27, 2019

It continued to be warm again this week but had some nice winds and very cool nights!  I am OK with warm days as long as the evenings cool down which they did.  I prefer it to be cool to colder all the time but hey, can't have it all the time.  But when it is warm, my electric bill sure goes up and now that my AC is fixed, I had to turn it on a few times lately.  I hope I kept it reasonably under control but it's been so long since I had to use it (back in mid-July) that my electric bill as of late was way under $100.  Fortunately I know we are heading into the Winter time frame and the likelihood of me having to use AC (instead may use heat which is gas) is very slim chance and that is a small bit of luck there.

Weekly Update:
I saw something recently which I haven't seen in a long time (not the actual picture to the left but very similar).  I was going to get some food and saw this car, maybe a mid-sized but not a big truck or anything, parked in the area that is left next to a handicapped spot.  I am not sure if they just didn't see the marks or are just really big a-holes but they do realize that is there for a reason.  Not for parking but to NOT block a handicapped vehicle in the event the person who needs to get out and requires assistance with a ramp or something from their vehicle.  The stupidity of some people is really amazing and how they can be so nonchalant about it too.

At the movies:
A new queen at the top as Maleficent: Mistress of Evil takes top honors for it's debut.  Opening to 36 million but well below expectations.  Word-of-mouth is fair on this one and should reach the 100 mil mark but over a lot of time.  Dipping down to #2 is "Joker" with 29.2 mil more and just shy of 250 which will be past that by end of tomorrow.  New at #3 is Zombieland 2: Double Tap with 26.7 mil and almost right on expectations!  Holding ground at #4 is "The Addams Family" with another 16 mil.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Gemini Man" with a distant 8.5 mil as this one is soon to be faded out.

Quote of the week:

"A promise must never be broken." - Alexander Hamilton

Facts & Tips:

The brain operates on the same amount of power as a 10-watt lightbulb.

"Mom this is my friend Chanel, remember I told you about the Cheetah Girls?" - Sabrina Bryan as Dorinda in the TV series "The Cheetah Girls."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home