Monday, September 16, 2019

September really sucks ... weather-wise.  I can not remember just sitting in a chair or laying on the couch and sweating!  What is wrong with our weather lately?  I know the AC is broken but even when it was working and going outside, we didn't have this kind of humidity before and now we do.  Definitely seeing the affects of Global Warming and these non-believers ... remember what your weather was like a decade ago or even a few years ago.  It has significantly changed and in most cases gotten worse like with hurricanes and tornadoes. The impact and strength of just these has grown a lot let alone the frequency they occur too.

Weekly Update:
So I attended this event very last minute as I had forgotten about it!  It was the annual R2 Builders meet-up at my friend's house and there was over 150 people and over 50 different types of droids.  I can't believe I forgot till someone IM'd me asking if I am coming over (that day).  Otherwise I would have done my own thing and more than likely ... napped!  But as always it was super hot like last two times and lots of droids.  I need to finish my MSE-6 (or "mouse") droid!  It is the easiest of builds but getting the parts or the frame is proving to be difficult.  I still have the controller and the wheels, I want or need to get the shell next and then after that, anything else really!

At the movies:
No surprise at the box office as "IT: Chapter Two" holds the #1 spot earning an extra 40.7 million and now past 150 mil cume.  New at #2 is Hustlers with a big 33.2 mil opening.  Above expectations and cautious to see how it holds.  Holding at #3 is "Angel Has Fallen" with 4.4 mil more as this latest film in the franchise struggles along.  Holding at #4 is "Good Boys" with 4.3 mil as it gets closer to 100 mil but unlikely it will reach it.  Rounding off the top 5 is "The Lion King" with another 3.6 mil as it quietly purrs away.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as The Goldfinch comes in at #8 with 2.6 mil and below expectations but not surprisingly.

Quote of the week:
"The secret of business is to know something that nobody else knows." - Aristotle Onassis

Facts & Tips:
Storm clouds hold about 6 trillion raindrops.

"Don't get used to it.  What makes you special is that you're not like every other spy. You're a good guy and you want to help people.  Leave the deception to me." - Yvonne Strahovski as Sarah Walker in the TV series "Chuck."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home