Monday, July 29, 2019

It is all sweaty in here!!  So with this humidity I haven't done this in a long time but one day I had to shower 3 times and change clothes 3 times because they were drenched in sweat.  I wasn't even doing anything either but trying to just ... stand there.  At one point I got out of the shower, put on shorts and shirt ... and could start to feel sweat drip down my face.  This is not our weather one bit and I have never done that here, ever.  In other places, sure but they have expected humidity!  But here?  NEVER!  I wonder how are fall and winter will be now.  Up till recently our Summer has been amazingly cool so are we shifting in some way?

Weekly Update:
My new car had its first oil change after 7 months.  With my working from home my commute is very short!  So I have about 2400 miles (instead of 5k) but after 6 months it was time to bring it in anyway. I guess they say every 5k or 6 months?  I mean that sounds reasonable and for this first one it was free too.  They have a very nice lounge there which is very comfortable along with free drinks and snacks ... most importantly free wi-fi!  I knew this was going to be a short service so I opted to stay instead of getting a free loaner.

At the movies:
As predicted, "The Lion King" remains at #1 for its 2nd week earning an extra 75.5 million and now has reached 350 mil cume.  Continues on its path of 500+ for domestic.  New at #2 is Once Upon A Time in Hollywood with a big 40.4 mil to open!  Well above expectations and good  word-of-mouth on it.  Definitely an early award contender as well.  Holding ground on at #3 is "Spider-Man: Far From Home" with 12 mil more.  Also holding ground at #4 is "Toy Story 4" with another 9.9 mil as it is inches away from the 400 mil mark!  Could get that by the end of this week.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Crawl" with 4 mil as it slowly crawls away.

Quote of the week:
"The buried talent is the sunken rock on which most lives strike and founder." - Frederick William Faber

Facts & Tips:
Early sunscreens included ingredients like rice bran oil, iron, clay and tar.

"Oh, I was born read ... AH! Hold on aaahhhh! Just a sec. Okay I'm ... good." - Mick Wingert as Po in the TV series "Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home