Monday, September 02, 2019

Labor Day Edition

I actually had the day off for Monday ... amazing and what did I do?  Tried not to move as it was so hot and the AC remains broken.  I was told parts are still on order and there is at least one case ahead of mine which means someone else has been waiting longer for theirs to be fixed to?  How does a company operate with no parts in Southern California and on top of that, being an AC company?  This is such a bad way of doing business and me having to call them for an update too.  At least give me some kind of update once and awhile, leave a message or better yet, drop me an e-mail as I keep requesting they do.  Yelp isn't that influential but at least it will be one place I can vent a little after wards.


Weekly Update:

So I recently purchased this a Pizza Pass from Pieology and used it today.  Basically I paid $50 and I can get one pizza a day (original thin crust) for the month of September.  I figure by the 7th or 8th pizza it pays for itself and I start to earn back money spent on it.  Along with this pass I can get a soda for only $1 (normally $2.39 I believe) which is an offer they have on the week day's I think during certain times but it comes with the pizza pass. I plan on having a lot of pizza this month and also with this I can try different ones and variations.  I've always wanted to try the white size instead of the traditional red, this will give me that opportunity and not feel like I am risking wasting a pizza or my money.  Should be interesting ...

At the movies:

No major changes this holiday weekend as "Angel Has Fallen" maintains the #1 spot for an extra 11.8 million and with a below average drop.  It might be due to the extra day at the box office so next week it could be significant. Holding it's ground at #2 is "Good Boys" with 9.5 mil more and also very small drop.  Keeping the #3 spot is "The Lion King" with 6.7 mil as it continues it's half a billion Summer.  Another hold at #4 is "Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw" with 6.4 mil more.  Rounding up the top 5 is "Overcomer" with 5.7 mil extra.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just the one release which appears they cut the screen count by over 55%!  In at #14 is Don't Let Go with 2.4 mil to open and not surprising considering the reduction.

Quote of the week:
"I've never know any trouble than an hour's reading didn't assuage." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Facts & Tips:
The term 007 was derived from 20007, the home zip code of many Washington D.C. agents.

"I am for wine and the embrace of questionable women." - Dustin Clare as Gannicus in the TV series "Spartacus."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home