Monday, August 19, 2019

Some serious overcast fog this week and it was really nice.  It does bring a nice cold weather in the morning and just really neat to see.  It only occurred twice this week and it was a welcome change to the heat.  I wish the coolness stayed the whole day but most of the day it was cooler than it has been so win-win!  I like driving in the fog too (picture is not from me or nearby), visibility wasn't bad at all but just fun to not see all the way down the road.  I guess London, UK is used to this.

Weekly Update:
So after a couple of weeks being back from Florida ... still not feeling the same.  Man, vacation is not my thing but at the same time it was kind of a fast-paced trip that I didn't really get to rest.  I think I need a trip where I just do nothing, relax ... stay indoors and veg out ... I mean isn't that what vacations are supposed to be about?  Doing nothing and relaxing?  I must be vacationing wrong then ... I did have to wake up early almost each day and was kept up late each night.  Not that I minded that at all but it's what I do now almost at home while working.  Go figure ... Maybe there is a place you take a vacation and it's like working?? Ok, that is lame but then if I could start and stop on my own time, take breaks and lunch when I want and for as long as I want ... that may actually be a vacation for someone like me!

At the movies:
A new #1 at the box office with a big surprise!  Coming in with 21 million to open, above expectation, is Good Boys and has good word-of-mouth.  May carry on a bit longer.  Drop down to #2 is "Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw" with another 14.1 mil as it slowly slows down.  Holding on to #3 is "The Lion King" with 11.9 mil as it is now just shy of 500 mil!!  Should get that in the next day or two.  New at #4 is The Angry Birds Movie 2 with 10.5 mil (16.2 with a Wed opening) and pretty much on target.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" with another 10.1 mil and holding well so far.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Several this week!  In at #6 is 47 Meters Down: Uncaged with only 9 ml to open and slightly below expectations.  New at #9 is Blinded by the Light with 4.5 mil and as expected.  Last up at #11 is Where'd You Go Bernadette with only 3.5 mil and also right as expected.

Quote of the week:
Honor is not the exclusive property of any political party." - Herbert Hoover

Facts & Tips:
The largest bill ever issued by the U.S. was a $100,000 bill in 1934.

"There's a reason we're called loopers. When we sign up for this job, taking out the future's garbage, we also agree to a very specific proviso. Time travel in the future is so illegal, that when our employers want to close our contracts, they'll also want to erase any trace of their relationship with us ever existing. So if we're still alive 30 years from now, they'll find our older self, zap him back to us, and we'll kill him like any other job. This is called closing your loop. Eh, you get a golden payday, you get a handshake, and you get released from your contract. Enjoy the next 30 years. This job doesn't tend to attract the most forward-thinking people." - Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Joe in "Looper"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home