Monday, September 23, 2019

Another week, another heatwave. At least the night's continue to remain cool which is great.  I tend to sleep with all the upstairs windows open and just before going to bed, downstairs as well.  Then as soon as I get up, I open downstairs again till about close to noon (when it starts warming up again) to try and capture that cooler air for the rest of the day.  My AC is still not fixed and I have talked to about two agents from the home warranty company who said they will reach out to the AC company.  But nada ... for a company who has the word "heating and air" in their title one would suspect they would always have parts and be ready for all kinds of jobs.  That is like going to a restaurant named "Tacos" and well, guess what, we are out of tacos.  How do you not prepare for such things?  I just don't know.

Weekly Update:

Aaaaah what happened this week.  It felt like my week was busy busy busy and I had a lot to do.  But I guess when I go back and look at the calendar it was fairly empty, just felt full with work.  I guess you always are busy doing something but how much of it is scheduled compared to just "busy" work?  I am still on the life-long project of de-cluttering but I am happy to see I have used my recycle bin at least 3 weeks in a row, that gives me a sense of things leaving the house and hopefully less are coming into the house!

At the movies:
A new number one is crowned this weekend as Downtown Abbey takes top honors with a very nice 31 million to open.  Again never underestimated the female audience as most of the moviegoers were groups of women.  Unsure how it will do a 2nd weekend but word-of-mouth is good.  New at #2 is Ad Astra with 19.2 mil and very close to expectations.  Not a great box office for this high budget sci-fi film but overall fair.  Also new at #3 is Rambo: Last Blood with 19 mil and slightly above expectations.  Also not a great number but fair ending for this franchise.  Drop down to #4 is  "IT: Chapter Two" with another 17.3 mil as it closes in on 200 mil cume and could reach that in the coming weeks.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Hustlers" with another 17 mil as it appears it will fall short of the 100 mil cume mark when it is done.

Quote of the week:

"The hardest thing is to take less when you can get more." - Kin Hubbard

Facts & Tips:

A group of jellyfish is called a smack.

I am Slaughter Master. I made it my life's mission to decimate the lineage of the gate keeper. From what I hear the newest gate keeper is you." - David Mattey as Slaughter Master in the TV series "Mighty Med."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home