Monday, March 25, 2019

The rain and weather reports are such a big tease!  We were supposed to have a couple of days of rain, great.  Not a lot but at least some ... both were shut out, no rain!  Which kind of sucks.  I sometimes drive by this reservoir and it usually has water in it.  This week it was completely empty, dry to the bone, not even a puddle (not pictured, just using that to show an example). I was kind of shocked to see it that way because through the years it always had some kind of water in it to varying levels.  I mean they could have drained it but why?  It has nothing but dirt at the bottom and there is nothing else really around it but the streets.  We should could have used that rain, even just a little of it.

Weekly Update:
This has been another exhausting week!  I don't know why I can't sleep at night and of course I am so tired through the day.  And I do get tired and want to go to bed and fall asleep but don't ... why oh why?  I feel like my mind is blank and turned off but who knows.  And of course I wake up shortly after I go to sleep, at least it feels like that.  It feels like you catch about an hour of sleep ... I am able to nap during the day but that is usually only about 10 to 20  minutes tops but no where near enough needed.  Why sleep, why must you evade me so!

At the movies:
A new thriller takes the crown this weekend as Us opens at #1 with a hefty 70.3 million!  Nearly double expectations and on track to get close to 200 mil.  Slight drop down to #2 is "Captain Marvel" with 35 mil and now past the 300 mil cume mark.  Holding ground at #3 is "Wonder Park" with 9 mil extra and this may close early.  Holding at #4 is "Five Feet Apart" with another 8.8 mil and soon to be out of the charts.  Rounding off the top 5 is "How to Train your Dragon: The Hidden World" with 6.5 mil more as it soon caps out.

Quote of the week:
"Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem." - John Galsworthy

Facts & Tips:
Martin Van Buren was given two tiger cubs while he was President.

"Nothing makes a woman feel more like a girl than a man who sings like a boy." - Elizabeth Banks as Gail in "Pitch Perfect."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home