Monday, March 18, 2019

Ok, it got hot this past weekend then one would expect.  So no rain and warmer temps during the day but at least the night stayed cool.  But boy it was only 80 but felt closer to 90 at times. It is still early so ... will this be a pre-cursor of what will be coming this Summer?  I hope not or my AC will be on a lot and my electric bill crazy.  I did check into a low cost, smaller solar panel and ... wow it is cheap and would pay for itself maybe within the year easily but it seems very complicated to install unless you know electricity which I do not.  So would the cost of having someone do it completely throw the savings out the window?

Weekly Update:
I like surveys ... I don't know why but I just like answering questions or giving my opinion.  Surveys are fun and this week I got two for the same thing from two different companies!  One of the companies, I use to know a bunch of people who worked there till they downsized which was sad.  The other company is JD Powers and that was more an extensive and in-depth survey.  Regardless they were both fun to take and I was able to do it fairly quickly while I was working.  It is also fun you get to be entered into a sweepstakes but I would do it anyway because ... I like surveys!

At the movies:
Higher!  Holding ground for a 2nd weekend is "Captain Marvel" earning another 69.3 million and now past 250 mil cume for a 10-day domestic total.  Currently on track to hit 400 when it is said and done.  New at #2 is Wonder Park with 16 mil to open and not much for a family fun film for Spring Break.  New at #3 is Five Feet Apart with 13.2 mil and close to expectations.  Holding on to the #4 spot is "How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World" with another 9.4 mil.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Tyler Perry's A Madea Family Funeral" with an extra 8.1 mil as is dies out.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as Captive State kind of snuck in with a wider than expected release.  Opening on 2500 runs and taking the #7 spot, it earns a very poor 3.2 mil.

Quote of the week:
"Be true to your work, your word, and your friend." - John Boyle O'Reilly

Facts & Tips:
William Harrison had a billy goat at the White House.

"Is he serious?" - Rena Riffle as Penny in "Showgirls."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home