Monday, March 27, 2017

Rain and cool weather!!!  So we got some rain again this week and it was really nice!  Also the weather has been very cool to cold and I love that.  Not sure what this means but seeing green fields again all over the place, it has been such a long time.  This weather, I just do not know what is going on with it.  I think our Summer will be pretty warm if this is the route but then again, nothing has been what it should be anyway.  It has also been windy as well ... I wonder if the Santa Ana's are kicking up and what may mean for more rain or storms?  I don't know how weather works ... and neither do weather people too because they are always wrong in my book.  I mean they get lucky from time to time, sure but then I can do that too and give out percentages because if I am right, the percentage is good.  If I am wrong, the percentage is still good!!  Way to cover yourself.

Weekly Update:
On Wednesday had the opportunity to attend the "Power Ranges" movie premiere.  I never watched the show except maybe an episode or two so this was basically all new to me.  I thought it was overall pretty good.  Some campy parts but still fun and action packed.  I also sneaked into the after-party and that was fun (as they usually are).  While in there got to get pictures with some folks:

*Darce Montgomer - Plays the red ranger and a cool guy.
*Naomi Scott- Plays the pink ranger, super sweet!
*RJ Cyler - Plays the blue ranger, pretty smooth guy.
*Ludi Lin - Plays the black ranger, nice guy.
*Becky G - Plays the yellow ranger and very cool.
*David Denman - I remember him as the deaf football player from "The Replacements" and a great guy!

At the movies:
No surprise this weekend as "Beauty and The Beast" remains at #1 with an extra 88.4 mil. Now just over 300 mil domestic, should easily get to 500 mil when its all done.  Word-of-mouth continues to drive the numbers on this as Disney now paves its way of more live-action remakes of their classic animated films.  New at #2 is Power Rangers with a cool 40.5 mil!  Above all expectations and with that number, sure to open talks for a sequel.  Dropping down to #3 is "Kong: Skull Island" with 14.4 mil and quickly fading away.  New at #4 is Life with 12.6 mil and very close to expectations.  Life on this one has run out already.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Logan" with another 10.2 mil as it just crosses over the 200 mil mark.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Coming in at #7 this week is CHiPS earning only 7.6 mil and slightly below expectations.  This particular remake just didn't quiet catch that it needed.

Quote of the week:
Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be." - Khalil Gibran

Facts & Tips:
The first ballpoint pens were sold in 1945 for $12.00.

"He's not going to quit, is he?" - Lucy Liu as Viper in "Kung Fu Panda."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home