Monday, September 07, 2015

Labor Day Weekend Edition

Its the holiday, another 3-day weekend and I always say this, each month should have at least one 3-day weekend in there!  It breaks things up and most companies do pay for the holiday they give their employees but that is for salaried as by the hour folks do not so there is a business savings there not to mention general facility costs.  Just something to think about as we celebrate ... working?  Ok, kind of an odd thing to celebrate but sure, why not.  Usually Labor Day means end of Summer and start of school so why is it not called End of Summer-Go Back to School! Day because no one is really working.  Well, I do not know and I will enjoy the break.

Weekly Update:
Holidays are not really holidays for me anymore since I basically work through them.  I remember when I did get my first holiday off and I had not idea what to do with myself.  I think I first slept in and then later I watched TV.  It was really strange and now I am back to working most holidays ... it seems normal again.  I guess I never really settled into the "closed for the holidays" routine because I ended up not doing anything during that time.  I just felt like another weekend day really and when it was over, did not feel like it even happened in the first place.

At the movies:
A bit of a surprise as "War Room" gets the holiday weekend win with an extra 9.4 million and the #1 spot.  Typically this weekend is not a big box office draw except for those very few rare occasions.  Holding ground at #2 is "Straight Outta Compton" with another 8.9 mil and just shy of the 150 mil cume mark.  It will likely hit that in the next couple of days.  New at #3 is new buddy film from a brand new studio, A Walk in the Woods debuting (for both film and studio) with 8.2 mil.  Pretty much nailed it on expectations for that film.  Also new at #4 is The Transporter Refueled and I would say also out of fuel.  Comes in with only 7.1 mil for this high-octane budget film and pretty much also at expectations.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" with another 7.1 mil as it continues to strive for the 200 mil mark, may or may not make it.

Quote of the week:
"Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality." - Ralph Marston

Facts & Tips:
Buzz Aldrin was one of the first men on the moon.  His mother's maiden name was also Moon.

"When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier." - Roy E. Disney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home