Monday, August 31, 2015

So the last week of August and overall looking back it was simply just a busy month.  Work had so much going on plus that event I was a part of.  Weather was just flat out crappy and way to humid to be called California weather.  Back-to-School stuff happened and because I am working from home and the crappy weather, my electric bill went up 400% which is just stupid.  All because I have to run the AC and I do need to run it for equipment when I am working.  I just managed to get my utilities way down and now they skyrocket back up.  I can not wait for winter ... that is if we even have one! Suck it August, you suck!

Weekly Update:
What in the world did I do this week ... nothing.  I think it was a pretty mellow week for me except work wise was a bit busy but what can you do.  I think I am due for vacation but to where and what to do ... weekend trip or actually take a day or two off?  I do not want to do a stay-cation because now that I work from home 4-days a week, I would prefer to get out of the house than stay in even more and do nothing.  Maybe some where cold or cool, any place where I need to wear a light jacket during the day or night ... or heavy jacket at night.  I just want to wear a jacket!  I will have to think on this some more because I also do not care to fly any where.  Having a car, my own car even, is a nice bonus so it gives more flexibility and freedom to come and go where I want.  Well, this is just a thought anyway so who knows if it will even happen.

At the movies:
Still #1 at the top of charts is "Straight Outta Compton" for the 3rd week in a row with another 13.2 million and now over 130 mil, making its way to a nice 150+ domestic box office!  New at #2 is War Room with only 11 mil which was a quick short release.  Holding ground at #3 is "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" with another 8.3 mil and at the 170 mil cume.  New at #4 is No Escape with only 8.3 mil and just below expectations.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Sinister 2" with another 4.7 mil and hopefully it will reach 25 mil cume but not sure at this point.  Overall very low box office numbers but the majority of schools started this past week so that could have effected box office numbers as it usually does around this time of year.
 
New films that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as We Are Your Friends reaches only 1.8 mil for this wide release drama.  Well below overall expectations but at the same time, no surprises.  This also ranked at #13.

Quote of the week:
"Love is the difficult realization that something other than oneself is real." - Iris Murdoch

Facts & Tips:
An average of three billion cups of tea are consumed daily worldwide.

"No, it came with the frame." - Courtney Gains as Hans Klopek in "The 'Burbs."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home