Monday, July 20, 2015

I am not sure what season it is anymore.  Is it warm, is it cold, is it humid or is it just plain heat?  It is such a wish-washy weather pattern and they say global warming doesn't exist.  I remember when Summer was warm, sometimes hot but never humid here.  I remember the nights being either cool or warm and again, our air was not heavy like it is now.  I remember Winters being cold but never freezing but instead we have Summer Part II.  This is all messed up.  Just make it stop already ... I don't know how but some how please!  I miss consistency and normal temperatures for where I live.  I am sure other parts of the world are messed up as well so they would appreciate it too I am sure!

Weekly Update:
What happened this weekend?  BUSY is what happened.  I ended up driving all over the place for different things, mostly for other people but that is OK.  I have a few friends who are doing Uber and Lyft, I wonder if I should try that?  I end up driving all over the OC and LA at times.  Not sure about having strangers in my car though but both companies seem to be doing really well and if I am not doing anything anyway, maybe I can make a few bucks.  I will have to think on that a bit more but my car does need a tune-up and an oil change again soon.  Maybe I will decide after I get that done when I get that done.

At the movies:
One of the smallest heroes takes the big screen and the #1 spot!  Crawling into the #1 lead is Ant-Man with a decent 58 million for its debut.  Just shy of expectations but still very solid.  Average drop to #2 is "Minions" with another 50.2 mill and now well over the 200 mill cume mark.  Still doing well and should hit 300 when it is all said and done.  New at #3 is Trainwreck with a showing of 30.2 mil.  Much lower than expectations but pretty much what I expected.  Hanging on to #4 is "Inside Out" with 11.7 mil and crossing the 300 mil threshold.  It is losing it's steam so it should cap out around 340 or less.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Jurassic World" with another 11.3 mil in its 6th weekend and a cume of over 611 mil.  Getting closer to capping out for the Summer but it was sure a heck of a run!

Quote of the week:
"A day of worry is more exhausting than a week of work." - John Lubbock

Facts & Tips:
The Japanese word "judo" means "the gentle way."

"Are those guys coming after me? Those guys are coming AFTER me." - Geoffrey Lewis as Orville Boggs in "Every Which Way But Loose."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home