Monday, June 29, 2015

HOT!!  Summer is officially here!  Wow it got so hot and a bit humid which is not normal for us at all.  We are a dry heat, 100 degrees that feels like 100.  Not 100 degrees that feels like 120 please!  But luckily we did not get that high just yet and it stayed in the mid 80's which is still too hot.  But with the humidity it felt a lot hotter.  The nights remain nice thank goodness and I hope it continues that way but still, I was hoping we would miss Summer just like how we missed Winter but maybe the opposite of everything was happening this year or something, hoping ... wishing!

Weekly Update:
I finally saw a movie!!  I am so far behind it is not even funny.  I think the newest Avengers film came out over a month ago and I just saw it.  At least I got the chance to see it at a movie theatre instead of on TV which happens more often than not.  So now I just have about 4 more movies to see and I think by the time I see the 2nd one on the list I will then be 10 movies behind!  I just do not have the time.  The other sad part is I do not even have to pay to see a movie!  But then again I do not get the popcorn and soda when seeing a movie simply because I lived on that stuff for over 10-years working at the movie theatre!  I remember the half price hot dog with a box of popcorn (cardboard carry-out tray) and a courtesy cup of soda (10 oz cup!)  I sure do remember those days and also ... do miss them from time-to-time.

At the movies:
For a third week in a row "Jurassic World" continues to dominate at the box office with another 54.2 million and now at the 500 mil cume mark for domestic gross!  On a steady path to hit 600 when it is all said and done.  Holding ground at #2 is "Inside Out" with another 52.1 mil as it zooms past the 100 mil cume and making its way fast to 200 mil.  Should get that by the end of this week possibly.  New at #3 is the R-Rated comedy sequel Ted 2 with a debut of 32.9 mil which is a little below expectations but it is a tough Summer!  New at #4 is Max with a decent 12.2 mil and about expectations.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Spy" holding with an extra 7.8 mil as it struggles to reach 100 mil but just might fall short of it.

Quote of the week:
"A penny saved is a penny earned." - Benjamin Franklin

Facts & Tips:
The standard Chinese typewriter has 1,500 characters.

"The whole thing goes: The future's not set. There's no fate but what we make for ourselves." - Edward Furlong as John Connor in "Terminator 2: Judgment Day."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home