Monday, June 08, 2015

Some rain, not some rain, maybe some rain ... so it is June and I have heard of April Showers but June Drizzle??  This could be a thing I suppose but as always never enough and it is like a molecule in a very large bucket.  I found this picture when I typed in "drizzle" and I am not sure if this is the best representation of that but I thought it was ... interesting.  So I get three water drops but I am not sure what the four lines mean?  Is that suppose to be fake rain as in we should have drops there but instead it is air so it is a drizzle with less than half water coming down?  Who made this picture and why?  Well, I thought it was interesting enough to add to the post and maybe represents the degree of weather we get or that all clouds are fluffy on the top but very flat on the bottom.  It's science and this picture proves that!

Weekly Update:
I can not remember anything of importance of this week.  Did I do anything, did I go any where?  nooooo, I don't think I did but tried to sleep and catch up on some shows as one of the dvr's are stock piling and fast!  So nothing but a couch potato when I get home but that is also exhausting!  Doing nothing can be tiring, who knew!  So I found this picture when I looked up couch potato and I get that we see a big potato lounging in a a big comfy chair type of couch.  In fact it looks very comfortable to me but is that a bag of chips next to it?  Is that cannibalism or something?  Why would a potato each potato chips when it could snack on so many other things ... chips made of corn or veggie sticks!  Oh which I guess is actually mostly made of potato now that I think about it.  Ok, what about some pita bread with hummus?  They could have picked so many different things but instead a bag of potato chips for the potato.

At the movies:
Summer box office continues and no major surprises are popping up just yet.  In at #1 is Spy earning a solid 30 mil and about predicted on both ranking and box office numbers.  Word-of-mouth is good on this one so it could carry well for a few more weeks.  Drop down to #2 is "San Andreas" earning an extra 24.4 mil and just barely shy of 100 mil cume.  No doubt will reach that by end of day Monday and carry on into the mid 150's to cap out at.  New at #3 is Insidious Chapter 3 earning 22.9 mil and also right about on target with predictions.  Fair word-of-mouth but I think this will have a quicker burn this Summer.  New at #4 is Entourage with a 5-day total of 17.8 mil since it opened on a Wednesday.  The weekend number came in at around 10.4 mil and below industry expectations but not mine.  The audience for this was limited to the HBO crowd and look for a fast burn on this one.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Mad Max: Fury Road" with another 8 mil and a cume of 130.8 domestic.  This will more than likely cap around 150 mil.

Quote of the week:
"People do not connect with what happened last week, let alone what happened 20 years ago." - Avery Brooks

Facts & Tips:
Each year, the moon moves away from Earth by about four centimeters.

"Our little soldiers are all grown up, Colonel." - Jay Acovone as Major Charles Kawalsky in the TV series "Stargate SG-1."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home