Monday, May 11, 2015

RAIN!!!  We had one glorious day and night of rain and it came down hard.  But as always, it was not nearly enough and there are reports of emergency water conservation now ... now?!  Why was this not being discussed years ago?  I know they touched upon it, discussed it and now it is an emergency.  I feel like if they took it more seriously say 7 years ago, we would be in better shape then we are now.  Over 10 years ago we were in a drought and it never got better so this is not being reactionary but post-reactionary to be honest.  It had to not get 10 times worse but they had to wait till it got 10 times 10 times worse to do something about it.  Not sure what they are going to do, I am not sure they know what they are going to do.  But something needs to be done.  Even if we took baby-steps years ago, that would have done a lot.

Weekly Update:
Just another week, all of it a blur.  I swear I can almost fall asleep on the spot as soon as my head hits any kind of pillow or cushion.  More and more I am finding myself falling asleep by 10 and then waking up around 1 in a drunken like state (what I am guessing what a drunk would see and feel like) to make my way to bed to fall asleep and the alarm goes off in less than 4 hours later.  Rinse and repeat!  But I just can not fall asleep on my own till around that time, sometimes it will go till 11PM till I start to drift and not realizing that I have fall asleep (but who does) and then wake up to seeing the TV on.  I guess that is good I watch TV otherwise if I just came home and laid down then I would never know what time it was and wake
up late or something!  Day and night, it confuses me.

At the movies:
No surprises this weekend as "The Avengers: Age of Ultron" continues the box office domination with another 77.2 million and now a cume of over 300 mil.  It is a significant drop from last weekend but will continue to have legs well through June.  New at #2 is Hot Pursuit with 13.3 mil and may get a slight boost today for Mother's Day. This one was right about expectations as well.  Holding ground at #3 is "The Age of Adaline" with another 5.6 mil.  Still in the top 5 is "Furious 7" earning an extra 5.3 mil and about out of fuel but still making at least 340 mil domestic.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2" with 5.2 mil and pretty much out of power.

Quote of the week:
"The ultimate inspiration is the deadline." - Nolan Bushnell

Facts & Tips:
The average bar of soap lasts twice as long as a bottle of body wash.

"I'm gonna treat it like a UFO sighting. I saw something, but I'm not quite sure what it was." - P.J. Soles as Stella Hansen in "Stripes."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home