Sunday, April 26, 2015

VEGAS EDITION - Cinemacon

More on the Vegas stuff later but we had rain!!  I was at Disneyland of course when it happened but that did not bother me.  It was crowded there too but we had a nice patch of rain.  STILL not enough but still a good drizzle to steady medium down pour of liquid gold coming from the sky.  It probably lasted for maybe 45 minutes off-and-on and then the remaining time it just stayed cloudy with the sun poking in to say hello from time-to-time.  The rest of this upcoming week is suppose to be warm again but it was a 20% chance of rain on Saturday, hope that we get those lucky chances again very soon.

Weekly Update:
Went to my year convention in Las Vegas called CinemaCon (I know, worst name ever award) and this time only went for a day.  It is sad when you arrive there and as soon as you walk in for the first time in a year, it feels like you were just there yesterday.  Plus all the recycled air, dry air, smoke and smell of everything ... gets you kind of sick after the first day.  So I went to a couple of things, ran into so many people and passed around the hello's and
hugs.  I decided not to stay for the final night this year because most of people receiving awards, I have already had the chance to meet.  But I did go to a special event on Wednesday, the one day I was there, and meet two really great folks:

*Francis Lawrence - Director of the "Hunger Game" films and a really nice guy!
*Julianne Moore - A lot of film and TV but overall an incredible person!  She was amazingly sweet and wanted to know what I do and where I was from ... shockingly nice and engaging!

At the movies:
Still at the winners' circle is "Furious 7" earning another 18.3 million and well past 300 mil cume for domestic box office.  This will be the last weekend in the #1 spot though with another big movie on the horizon.  Holding ground at #2 is "Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2" with another 15.5 mil and this battery is dying down.  New at #3 is The Age of Adaline with a debut of 13.4 mil and very close to expectations.  Still in the mix at #4 is "Home" earning another 8.3 mil as it passes 150 mil cume but will not reach 200 unfortunately.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Unfriended" with 6.2 mil extra and pretty much un-popular. 

Quote of the week:
"Every artist was first an amateur." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Facts & Tips:
Strawberries are grown in every state in the U.S. and every province in Canada.

"I knew I hated you for a reason, I'm gonna tell everyone in prison I went back in time to kill my own father!" - Clark Duke as Jacob in "Hot Tub Time Machine."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home