Monday, April 06, 2015

Is it getting warm again or is it just me?  Where are my April showers and some cool weather?  At least the nights continue to be very cool which is great.  And I guess I can not complain too much because I am inside all day so it is air conditioned but when you look outside and know it is hot plus the drought we continue to have.  They say it is a 3-year drought ... where in the world did those people get those numbers?!  It is at least a 10-year drought if not more.  If you have one year of really great rain, it does not reset that clock!  That one year was enough for possibly that one year!  We need rain to continue to sustain us for years others we continue to have issues each year, pay attention people!

Weekly Update:
I am beginning to lose all track of time.  No, not getting forgetful or developing some kind of mind disease but really due to lack of sleep.  I now come home later at night, start watching TV and then fall asleep.  Then wake up in what would probably be the equivalent of a drunken state (I am only guessing) and stumble to bed to wake up and not realizing why I set my alarm for that time.  And then basically rinse and repeat.  Been so busy and now I am feeling like the actual walking dead.  I hate to take caffeine in some sort of soda because it feels like now even one glass or can will effect me and I will stay away (after I fall asleep the first time) for hours!  I really need a vacation soon or just a nice 3-day weekend of doing nothing and sleeping in past 7 AM would just be ... nice.

At the movies:
BIG box office numbers as Furious 7 speeds into first with 143.6 million for it's debut.  Above expectations but was already pegged to break the 100 mil ceiling but not by that much.  The marketing machine behind the film and cast members sharing personal stories about Paul Walker made it more than just an action film.  Question is though, is the film good enough to hold for a 2nd week?  Even with an average drop-off it will still break 200 mil quickly.  Slight drop to #2 is "Home" with another 27.4 mil as it closes in at the 100 mil cume mark.  Should reach it by mid-week if not sooner.  Big drop to #3 is "Get Hard" with another 12.9 mil and running out of steam fast.  Holding at #4 is "Cinderella" with an extra 10.3 mil and trying to reach 200 mil but do not see it happening.  Rounding off the top 5 is "The Divergent Series: Insurgent" with another 10 mil and will cap out just over 100 mil cume.

Quote of the week:
"Never tell people how to do things.  Tell the what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George S. Patton

Facts & Tips:
No only child has been a U.S. President.

"I am so dead they're going to have to bury me twice." - Corey Haim as Les Anderson in "License to Drive."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home