Monday, June 15, 2015

Been having some really nice cool weather for the day and cold at night, I really like it!  But I saw that we are expecting hot temps next week so is the end of this awesome Summer over??  Well, we will see but I hope we do not get any three digit days, that would be insane and terrible at the same time.  I just hope like most weather reports they are a bit off if not completely wrong.  I hate hot ... I always say it is a lot easier to warm up than it is to cool down.  I mean if you are cold, put on a jacket or get some layers or something.  When it is you hot, it usually takes energy like with an air conditioning and that costs money.

Weekly Update:
What did I do this week?  Nothing ... I think that about sums it up, yep, nothing!  Is there anything wrong with that?  Nope!  Not one bit at all!  The ending for a couple of shows I watch are coming up next week so that is sad.  Funny how we get so invested in certain shows now that it has become the norm to talk about it.  I guess that is what social media is for and why we have movies too.  But I guess all good things must end at some point in TV and movie land otherwise they get old and stale.  Some should have ended sooner while others could have lasted a bit longer.  I think a show like MASH went on too long, 10 seasons which is about 250 episodes or so.  Toward the end it was a very political show was so few laughs.  It really turned dark and could have concluded around Season 8 perhaps.  But at that time there were not as many channels and shows as we have now that if something ended maybe no one would notice.

At the movies:
BIG surprise overall at the box office this weekend as Jurassic World wakes up the numbers earning a 204.6 million debut with Thursday midnights.  But I did have it initially at 200 mil with potential and looks like it wasn't far off!  Universal is flying high right now this Summer with the sequel to the Fast and Furious franchise , Pitch Perfect sequel and now this.  Word-of-mouth on the film is good so this film should reach over half a billion easily.  With so much Summer product there will be enough competition.  Slight drop to #2 is "Spy" with an extra 16 mil and doing just fair overall.  Holding at #3 is "San Andreas" with 11 million and now past the 100 mil cume mark.  Big drop to #4 is "Insidious: Chapter 3" earning an extra 7.3 mil and will fizzle out pretty fast.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Pitch Perfect 2" with 6 mil more and just singing along trying to reach 200 mil cume but will fall short of that.

Quote of the week:
"My philosophy is if you're going to work 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for not a whole lot of money, why work for someone you're not gonna be loyal to?" - Stephanie Cutter

Facts & Tips:
More babies are born at night than during the day.

"The first time you saw me, I was cleaning your bathroom floor! Only you didn't see me." - Jennifer Lopez as Marisa Ventura in "Maid in Manhattan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home