Monday, August 17, 2015

FARGIN HOT!!  OK, now this is the weather I have been talking about where it is not so humid and straight heat.  Reached mostly in the 90's this week and Sunday hit 102!  WOOHOO!  USA USA USA!  Well, that is pretty hot and I hope it doesn't last but at least it was not humid so it did not feel like 115!  The nights remained warm enough to keep all the windows closed and have the AC on a bit.  Although one night for some reason it would not turn off and it kept going and going.  I checked and it was set for about 78 degrees and the outside temp read 75 so I am not sure why it did not turn off but kept on.  So just turned it off and the rest of the night was pretty good.  Although in the morning it was a bit muggy so not sure why that was the case.  But through this I am just glad there was little to no humidity ... I hate that stuff.  Makes it hard to breath even when it is so thick.

Weekly Update:
So with the recent heat wave I tried to find things to do that were not home.  I went to one of my favorite movie theatres to catch up on some movies because, sadly, the theatre is closing.  It is not even that old but foot traffic there is non-existent and they will be gutting it out and moving the House of Blues to that location.  I know HOB will do great there but just sad the theatre is leaving.  But I also went into Sansai, Japanese style cuisine near my home to get some food and maybe stay there a bit to get out of the heat.  I am not sure if the AC was broken (which I don't think it was because I was there recently and it was fine but who knows) and it was warmer inside than outside.  So I turned right around and left to go to Chipotle ... a bit warm in there was well but not as bad.  Walked out and went to Jimmy Johns and it was so nice in there.  I got a sandwich and relaxed for about 30 minutes.  I do not understand business who do not either turn on the AC or crank it up.  Customers want to eat and shop in comfort, not sweat it out and be sticky and uncomfortable.  So two places lost my business because of that reason.

At the movies:
Straight into the #1 spot is Straight Outta Compton with a solid 56 million to open and above expectations.  Urban films are always underestimated (i.e.: "Barbershop") and I think a lot of that is the polling and research areas they do survey.  This particular film did have quiet a bit of range and even retro feel for old and new who grew up on this era of music.  Strong reviews for this film, should get it north of 100 mil in no time.  Slight drop to #2 is "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" with another 17 mil and continues to do well.  New at #3 is The Man From U.N.C.L.E. with only 13.5 mil and below overall expectations.  Big drop to #4 is "Fantastic Four" with only 8 mil and this film will be lucky to hang on for another week or two.  Rounding off the top 5 is "The Gift" with 6.5 mil and I think it will be re-gifted out soon.

Quote of the week:
"Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see." - Paul Klee

Facts & Tips:
It is possible to lead a cow up stairs but not down.

"Shawn, don't you *dare* learn a wrong lesson while I'm trying to teach you a right lesson!" - Corbin Bernsen as Henry Spencer in the TV series "Psych."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home