Monday, August 10, 2015

I have been noticing my phone heats up pretty fast when I run certain application on it.  I wonder what causes some apps to run hot and some to run normal.  I guess certain ones take up more processing maybe?  I mean they seem similar in nature most of the time but I guess I do not know what may be going on in the background that I am not seeing.  Now I have seen warnings on iPhones before (see picture) but not on my Samsung Galaxy ... I guess it thinks it can take the heat.  It has not shut down due to the heat but I also move it around to different cooler spots on the sofa or on a table if I am sitting some where.  I wonder if we will ever see a teeny tiny little cooling system in there someday where we have to put a drop of freon or something in there.  Now that would be interesting.

Weekly Update:
So this was pretty amazing the other day.  I was at Costco waiting in line to get a hot dog and a drink, they always give you a cup for every hot dog you buy even though it is just me.  Funny, I would think they would just ask because I could eat two hot dogs as a meal but only use one cup to save on cups.  Oh well, anyway there was this very frail lady in a wheelchair and this elderly man, possibly her husband, was trying to help her up from the chair but clearly she was unable to.  There was two younger boys when them and one was just holding the wheelchair as in to push it around and the other guy was on his cell phone tapping away at something.  They looked to be a family but none of the other boys offered to help or even moved!  I was kind of shocked and was about to come offer some help when it looked like they were just going to roll her inside instead.  Just amazing.

At the movies:
Holding ground for its 2nd weekend is "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" earning another 29.4 million and now passes the 100 mil cume mark.  On track to be in the 175 range domestic when it is all finished up.  New at #2 is Fantastic Four earning 26.2 mil. Below overall expectations but still a decent number despite all of the bad reviews on the film.  This may be a fast burn at the box office which we have not seen in awhile for a Marvel title.  New at #3 is The Gift from the new studio STX.  Earning an OK opening of 12 mil and should also be a quick burn out.  Hanging on to #4 is "Vacation" with another 9.2 mil as this road trip quickly comes to an end.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Ant-Man" with another 7.8 mil in its 4th week and crawling to 150 mil which it should get soon.
 
New movies that did not make the top 5:
Two this week with the first being Ricki and the Flash in at #7 and with only 7 mil to open.  Fairly close to expectations so nothing surprising there.  In at #11 is Shaun the Sheep with only 4 mil to open on such a wide release pattern.  Way below expectations but the marketing was very small on this film.

Quote of the week:
"Love is the power to see similarity in the dissimilar." - Theodor Adorno

Facts & Tips:
All scorpions glow.

"I'll catch you on the flip side." - David Della Rocco as Rocco in "The Boondock Saints."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home