Monday, August 24, 2015


I am unclear what months are Summer anymore.  I usually thought it was like a late May/June through August thing but lately we are getting hit with crazy temperatures toward the end of August.  Which is fine but before that it was so up and down and the humidity?  Where in the world is this coming from?  I wonder what places like Big Bear and Lake Tahoe are like.  I wonder if they are super hot or are they just warmer than normal for them.  I should check it out sometimes ... or I guess I could just look it up on Weather.com or any other weather site.  I do like the mountains in the winter but not really driving to them, just being already up there and the snow comes in.  I miss snow ... I love snow.  I wish we had a chance of snow sometimes but oh well.


Weekly Update:
What did I do this week ... oh yeah, We have this thing called Townhall for the office (about 500 in total) but only about 200 show up.  I was the MC of the event, not sure how that happened but it was fine.  Been giving presentations for so many years, that is all it felt like, was giving another presentation but this time I did not have to talk from beginning to end and just introduced people and kept the flow going.  Overall I thought I did a fair job but I just hope the event itself went well.  Got to see some exclusive footage for upcoming movies and behind the scene stuff from other films so that is always nice.

At the movies:
Holding on to the #1 spot is "Straight Outta Compton" with another 26.8 million and film surpasses the 100 mil cume mark with no problems.  Still decent legs on the film and should end the Summer on a high note.  Also holding at the #2 spot is "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" with an extra 11.7 mil and slowly climbing to 200 mil domestic but will likely fall a bit short.  New at #3 is Sinister 2 with 10.6 mil to open and below overall expectations.  Also new at #4 is Hitman: Agent 47 with only 8.2 mil and this high-octane action film died out of the gate.  Rounding off the top 5 is "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." with another 7.4 mil and continues to drop.
 
New films that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week at a bit of surprise as American Ultra comes in at #6 with only 5.5 mil to open.  Well below all expectations and with school's starting, thought it would perform a bit better.

Quote of the week:
"If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." - Maya Angelou

Facts & Tips:
Recycled paper is made using 40% less energy than normal paper.

"Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well. To what do I owe the extreme pleasure of this surprising visit?" - Malcolm McDowell as Alex in "A Clockwork Orange."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home